Paramount to likely drop HD-DVD
Jan 8, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imagine the following picture with Paramount also painted blue.

warner_300.png

Also, it is assumed Universal will go neutral in summer. At this pace, they may go BluRay exclusive in spring.

Jan 8, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #17 of 44
Serves me right for being an early adopter of HD DVD. Hopefully there will be reasonably priced BRD players that are fully functional. I am debating selling my A3 and all my discs, but I haven't finished watching all of them...

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #21 of 44
uhm...pwned.... I guess this is bye bye HDDVD. Wonder what happens to all the ppl who wasted money on the HDDVD drive for the Xbox 360. I guess they will have to settle with watching a handful of movies over and over again

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #22 of 44
I just hope this leads to cheaper blu-ray writers and media down the line... for stuff. Non-illegal-backing-up stuff.

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #23 of 44
Well unlike the DVD-A/SACD fiasco, it looks like this format war will have a clear winner!

Jan 8, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #25 of 44
Lol.

At this point, I can't tell if this thread is either:
A) People secretly making fun of Yukon Trooper by ignoring him, or
B) A great way of finding out which people are too lazy to read more than just the thread title.

Jan 8, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #26 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhwilkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol.

At this point, I can't tell if this thread is either:
A) People secretly making fun of Yukon Trooper by ignoring him, or
B) A great way of finding out which people are too lazy to read more than just the thread title.

C)

Jan 8, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #27 of 44
Just to be clear, they did deny that they're going to invoke the escape clause right now, but they haven't denied the existence of the escape clause based on Warner's switch, which was unknown before yesterday.

Jan 8, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #30 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PARAMOUNT DENIED ANY POSSIBLE SWITCH AT THIS TIME!!

Which most likely means that they'll be announcing the switch tomorrow. Studios do only what the other studios do. With MGM, Sony, Disney, Warner and Fox in the BR camp, BR has cornered the market on 70+ percent of content. Paramount and Universal aren't going to go at it themselves. It's over. Thank God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back