1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Parametric EQ; Astell&Kern

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by szore, Dec 5, 2018 at 3:50 PM.
  1. szore
    I have recently purchased sp1000m, and in the eg settings, under advanced, there are 4 settings. On top left, freq, below that gain, below that q. Next to the gain there is another setting that is not labeled, what is that for can anyone tell me?

Thanks in advanced.

2. bigshot
    Center frequency?

3. szore
    Isn't that determined by the 'frequency' setting?

The range goes from 0.0 to .09, as I adjust it I dont see the curve changing at all that's what I cannot figure out.
    [​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/5rygjZC
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 4:12 PM
  4. bigshot
    It's probably a notch setting to adjust the shape of the correction. Try moving it and see if the shape changes.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 4:23 PM
  5. szore
    It's strange: I do not see any shape change when I adjust it, but when I adjust the gain setting to max, the option ghosts out, then becomes available again when I drop the gain down again one notch.

6. bigshot
    It must be some sort of fine tune for the gain so you can do more precise adjustments.

7. bfreedma

Beat me to it. It looks like it's the "fine adjustment knob" that allows for granularity at an additional decimal point for gain. In the picture, the gain would be 2.07.

8. bigshot
    You'd think in our fabulous digital age, they could come up with an user interface that wouldn't require two scales to enter a single value!

9. bfreedma
    Yes, that interface would be a lot more intuitive if they used a single number instead of two scales. You really have to wonder who is doing their UI design.

What’s worse is that the manual (available on the AK website) doesn’t mention the two scales, let alone explain how to operate them.

10. szore
    Thanks guys, makes sense about the fine tune. Yes there are other elements of the UI I don't understand.