Paradigm Anyone?
Jun 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

groovyd

Headphoneus Supremus
I noticed Paradigm is now selling their new headphones online and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?  Specifically I would like to know how they sound compared to my Philips L1 I am considering replacing.  I was thinking the NC Noise Cancelling version for use on airplanes which is what I normally use the Philips for today.  At home and work I use Beyer T1/T5p and love them but this is to be something for on the road use.  Currently I use the Paradigm MilleniaOneCT speakers at home and love their sound.

Jun 17, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 45
Coincidentally I just got my Paradigm H15 today from Paradigm themselves. Ordered Friday afternoon, they arrived today...like they were beamed over.

Oh, they sound very nice.....Paradigm make great speakers and they seem to have got that sound into their headphones. Smooth mids and highs, full but controlled bass. Clean rich sound makes you want to crank 'em up. But I've only got Charlie Sexton and Lizz Wright through them so far. Need more time.

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #6 of 45
I am curious to hear how they compare to the Philips L1 as that is what they would be replacing.  I like the Paradigm desktop speaker sound and also that these have noise canceling for flights which the Philips don't but I wouldn't want to take a step down in sound for it.

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #7 of 45
I am finding that, as far as sonics, musicality and emotion involvement are concerned, the Paradigm H15 stomps all over the L1. The H15 seems to draw one right into the music. The midrange is right there, and fully detailed, whereas it is kind of sucked out on the L1.

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #8 of 45
Hmm, I'm always intrigued by new Canadian offerings, and I believe this would be the very first Canadian made headphone (unless you count the Psyko gaming headphones). Any idea how good the noise cancelling version is? 

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #9 of 45
Quote:
Hmm, I'm always intrigued by new Canadian offerings, and I believe this would be the very first Canadian made headphone (unless you count the Psyko gaming headphones). Any idea how good the noise cancelling version is? 

PSB has headphones...

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #10 of 45
Interesting, I had a pair of their studio 100s years ago and am a big fan.

Are the highs extended?

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #11 of 45
Quote:

PSB has headphones...

Oh yeah... whoops, I forgot about M4U2. I think the Paradigm H15 definitely looks nicer though. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #12 of 45
I used to be a Paradigm fan until I bought Totem speakers. Still use Paradigm Titans for computer speakers though. Those headphones are on-ear though so not interested.

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #13 of 45
Quote:
Interesting, I had a pair of their studio 100s years ago and am a big fan.

Are the highs extended?

Smooth and extended. But definitely not bright.

I was listening to the title track of Tool's Aenima, which is a very busy and dense mix. The H15 opened the whole midrange up so I could hear right into it, and also hear every detail of Danny Carey's cymbals. Midrange to treble transition is seamless.

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Smooth and extended. But definitely not bright.

I was listening to the title track of Tool's Aenima, which is a very busy and dense mix. The H15 opened the whole midrange up so I could hear right into it, and also hear every detail of Danny Carey's cymbals. Midrange to treble transition is seamless.

Sounds interesting.

It may be too early, but how are these comparing to the usual suspects: DT1350, Momentum, 550? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back