Paradigm Anyone?
Jun 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #16 of 45
Different sound.....slightly warm, musical....all facets of the sound are well integrated to form a musical "whole". For me, that does not occur with the three you mentioned. The Momentum does come closest. H15 has very nice midrange timbre. You get solid bass/lower midrange but don't get the overcooked, boomy sort of bass. Voices and guitars have body, as do orchestral strings. For people who don't like a "U" shaped FR response.

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #17 of 45
Thanks, I may have to acquire them. None of the local dealers have them to try out.

That's the sound I'm looking for.

Jun 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #18 of 45
Still lovin' the Paradigm. Seems to sound better the more you listen to them, especially when you turn them up to a moderate volume..

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

How do you like them compared to the KEF M500's.  Are the KEF's worth the extra cost?

KEF is definitely worth the extra cost if you want a light, comfortable, clear, straight-up "neutral" headphone.....which is a very hard combo to find. The Paradigm is more of a fun, musical thing, because it has a slight tendency to enhance the bass and lower midrange while providing a smooth mid and top. This gives more "immediate effect" to a lot of music. A bit like the B&W P5 but with more treble presence. When listening to pop/rock, I sometimes prefer the Paradigm, or at least have a bit more fun with it.
Quote:
How is the efficiency assuming driving them from an iPod or iphone straight on the off days i don't feel like bringing my amp? Do they have solid bass?

They'll work great with an iPod or iPhone because that's what they were designed to be used with. Bass is solid but not boomy. It can dip it's feet into the lower registers

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #23 of 45
Just arrived and... WOW!  More bass then a bass boat full of beer.  Pretty powerful beats without losing any crisp high end and smooth midrange.  A bit different then my T1's for sure 
wink_face.gif
, not subtle at all.  Should be interesting to see how they break in.

The noise Canceling bit doesn't really seem to do anything.  If noise canceling is your interest these are not for you.  If it is about solid bass alongside smooth slightly recessed mids and crisp highs then these are for you.  I am thinking the bass is a bit much in an otherwise quiet room but might be nice in overcoming a noisy cabin.

Listening to Danza Kuduro at max volume through my HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp is literally head pounding yet there is absolutely no distortion.  I mean painfully loud and heavy... it is times like these I can appreciate a little pain 
beyersmile.png
 definitely not a flat response at all. These were meant to satisfy bass heads no doubt.

Seemingly twice the sensitivity (loudness at the same volume) of the Philips, perhaps easier to drive from an ipod without an amp. Impressively comfortable on the ears with the memory foam creating a good seal without too much pressure. Relatively light on the head considering the quality of construction.  Very well constructed. Light (think fishing line) cord you don't feel tugging at you and without the scratchy sound and seemingly magnetic attraction against your shirt every time you turn you head which was a big complaint I had of the Philips. 

My only complaint so far is wanting a bit more noise cancellation and perhaps a touch less bass, but I could might get used to the bass in a flight cabin competing with other noises considering there won't be lots of cancellation.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #24 of 45
I have the H15 passive model. Not at all what you are describing with the NC version.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #25 of 45
Quote:
I have the H15 passive model. Not at all what you are describing with the NC version.

Maybe mine is broke?  Is definitely bass heavy, a bit boomy.  Not sure if I will get used to it actually.  I am used to listening to T1, T5p, L1, ety iems which are all pretty flat as far as I can tell.  The ety iems are notably weak in the bass which I notice.  The T1 and T5p are pretty solid across the board, nothing stands out as out of place.  The H15nc has a good +6db bass +3db curve, mids recessed, highs a bit weaker then the bass. A lot of the boomy mid bass frequency higher then the kick drum lower then the vocals.

Taking a trip first week of Sept.  wish it was sooner so I could get a real feel for how it sounds in vitro.  Anyone know what the return period is on them incase I decide they aren't for me?

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #26 of 45
Quote:
Maybe mine is broke?  Is definitely bass heavy, a bit boomy.  Not sure if I will get used to it actually.  I am used to listening to T1, T5p, L1, ety iems which are all pretty flat as far as I can tell.  

It's probably fine. Coming off those other cans, I can see the Paradigm seeming to be a bit tilted toward the bottom. I would certainly hear that if I was used to my Martin Logan Mikros 90, then switched to the H15. But not boomy...just warmer.

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #27 of 45
Shipping them back as the ear pad foam also separated/unglued from its housing and I really think the boomyness and lack of any noise cancellation indicates something wrong.  The clamping force on my ears is also uncomfortable after even a short listening time.

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #28 of 45
I just received the Paradigm H15 for testing, burning them in now, initial sound check is positive, very comfortable, dynamic sound with good bass, a little boomy though and the treble has some sibilance, let's see how it goes after a few days, more later....

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #29 of 45
Quote:
I just received the Paradigm H15 for testing, burning them in now, initial sound check is positive, very comfortable, dynamic sound with good bass, a little boomy though and the treble has some sibilance, let's see how it goes after a few days, more later....

The H15 seems to be a better choice then the NC since it doesn't really cancel noise anyways and perhaps the plastic frame is a bit lighter on the squeeze pressure.  One other thing I noticed is turning on the NC actually increases the boomy-ness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back