Paracetamol is Awesome!
Jun 27, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #16 of 22
Paracetamol doesn't help for my migraines at all
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #17 of 22
I love Tylenol. Got me through a really bad ear infection.

Best by far is morphine. When they reset my broken thumb, how sweet that was....

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #19 of 22
for some reason i always thought duggeh to be a LOT older with his quick witted banter and awesomely nice ways of insulting other people. never met someone that looked that young that was that good with words. ah well. paracetamol is for babies. real men take hydrocodone every time they take a drink of water.

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ibuprophen >>> acetaminophen

Depends, personally: acetaminophen for head, back of neck & eye type achs; With Ibuprophen 800mg for body & joint pain with eventual liver & kidny failure & stomach bleeding ... Short term use advised!

Jun 27, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends, personally: acetaminophen for head, back of neck & eye type achs; With Ibuprophen 800mg for body & joint pain with eventual liver & kidny failure & stomach bleeding ... Short term use advised!

Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory drug, it shrinks swelling which is why it's used for infections and joint pains. Acetaminophen is a pain reliever and antipyretic (reduces fever); that you take to numb pain (well, actually it just increases your pain threshold so you feel less of it). They both have their different uses.

Jun 27, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends, personally: acetaminophen for head, back of neck & eye type achs; With Ibuprophen 800mg for body & joint pain with eventual liver & kidney failure & stomach bleeding ... Short term use advised!

Well... that's not really the whole story is it? The long-term gastric side-effects of using higher-dose NSAIDS are not limited to the ibuprofen family, they are simply seen more often with these drugs as they are the ones more likely to be used for the chronic pain situations, such as rheumatic pain. Any COX-inhibitor is likely to have gastric complications, even the COX-2 selective agents (Rofecoxib, Vioxx), although they have of course been removed for entirely separate (and unfortunately fairly lethal) side effects.

Yeah, messing with Prostaglandins is fun, and can be rather good for pain relief, but it's scary stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back