PAR review Grace
Sep 6, 2002 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dusty Chalk

Head-Fi-holic: With headphones would just be a benny.
Hey, you remember when I got confused and thought that Pro Audio Review reviewed Grace's headphone amp, and it really turned out to be their microphone preamplifier? Well, it turns out I was just ahead of my time. In this month's issue, they review the headphone amplifier. Here's two highlights:

Quote:

Perhaps because of its low output impedance, the 901 has the best low-frequency control of any headphone amp I have heard.

And this was the synopsis:

Quote:

I know of no other headphone amplifier that performs as well as the Grace 901.

(But then again, he's not completely a over-the-top headphone geek like the rest of us are. I get the impression this is far and away the most expensive headphone amp he has ever heard.)

Sep 6, 2002 at 10:22 AM Post #2 of 5
Thanks Peter!

PAR still has the August 2002 issue on the web, you must be referring to the September issue, I'm looking forward to reading my 1st review on the 901. It controls the low impedance phones better than any amp I've ever heard and the on board DAC blows the unmodded DV47A DAC/analog stage away (which based on some of the DV47A reviews might not be saying much!).

Sep 6, 2002 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 5
Any pics of the Grace 901 inside? What about the construction?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Sep 6, 2002 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 5
I have taken a PIC of the inside of the 901, it's around 700K in size. If anyone would like this send me a PM or e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back