Paolo Nutini anyone?
Oct 25, 2007 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

nick20

Banned
Hey guys, heard this guy (actually he's 19 years old) on Jay Leno a few nights ago, however it was a rerun.

He was on the same show as Jamie Foxx and someone else.. I really like his crispy voice and this music just instantly grew on me..

Here's his solo albulm:

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/sear...olo+Nutini&z=y

Amazon samples:

http://www.amazon.com/These-Streets-...3353801&sr=8-1

The song he played on Leno was "Last Request". I'm digging this CD.. not sure why, or how, but his voice just grabs me..
600smile.gif

I just bought this CD from Amazon; it included FREE shipping, even though the total wasn't $25.

Also, I'd really like this style/genre of music. Is there anyone else out there like him, or is his style/genre not common?

-Nick

Oct 26, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, heard this guy (actually he's 19 years old) on Jay Leno a few nights ago, however it was a rerun.

He was on the same show as Jamie Foxx and someone else.. I really like his crispy voice and this music just instantly grew on me..

Here's his solo albulm:

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/sear...olo+Nutini&z=y

Amazon samples:

http://www.amazon.com/These-Streets-...3353801&sr=8-1

The song he played on Leno was "Last Request". I'm digging this CD.. not sure why, or how, but his voice just grabs me..
600smile.gif

I just bought this CD from Amazon; it included FREE shipping, even though the total wasn't $25.

Also, I'd really like this style/genre of music. Is there anyone else out there like him, or is his style/genre not common?

-Nick

I like the tone of his voice but the speech is kind of distracting.

I'll list some artists that I think are comparable from most to least pertinent.

Amos Lee - Both of his albums are equally good IMO.
Ray LaMontagne - same story as Amos Lee
Ari Hest
Nick Drake
Damien Rice
David Gray
Coldplay
Sufjan Stevens
Iron and Wine
Ben Harper
Jack Johnson

That should get you started.

Also, you could use Pandora.com or Last.fm to find similar artists.

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 11
Thanks for the heads up.

I let my parents listen to this guy, both my parents like him as well, and they also recommended by me to check out these John's.. :

John Mayer
John Legend
John Lennon

I don't have much experience with older bands/groups/singer(songwriters), except current day stuff. I am listening to samples on Amazon at the moment.

-Nick

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up.
I let my parents listen to this guy, both my parents like him as well, and they also recommended by me to check out these John's.. :

John Mayer
John Legend
John Lennon

I don't have much experience with older bands/groups/singer(songwriters), except current day stuff. I am listening to samples on Amazon at the moment.

-Nick

That's awesome you're making a musical connection with your parents. Most of my musical taste derived from what my parents (and other family members) listened to.

John Mayer's "John Mayer Trio - TRY!" album is really good, IMO. I'm not a big fan of his first two albums, but Continuum was a pretty good pop album.

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's awesome you're making a musical connection with your parents. Most of my musical taste derived from what my parents (and other family members) listened to.

John Mayer's "John Mayer Trio - TRY!" album is really good, IMO. I'm not a big fan of his first two albums, but Continuum was a pretty good pop album.

It is, because I'm not very close with my parents, and we generally have very little to talk about. Nevertheless, they do enjoy their music, and have listened to some good stuff over their years. They have passed down some good recommendations recently, to say the least.

That's the John Mayer album I was listening to.. I like a few songs, but a few more listens, I should get a grip on it. Some stuff I don't like at all, some stuff I like a little bit, and of course, some stuff is an instant hit for me.

Generally, it takes me a few listens to really appreciate the CD, so I'll give it some time. Kinda like "burn-in" if you will..
tongue.gif
"Burning-in" the CD into my head.. or something like that LOL.

But this Paolo guy is just like instant satisfaction. I've never heard anything like his voice before. Maybe that's why.. but I have been pleased with what I've heard through the samples, and there's no reason why this CD wouldn't be an instant hit in my small, but accumulating collection.

Take it easy..

-Nick
580smile.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by dBel84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His live music is fantastic if you can track it down. I got his album from a mate in Glasgow just after it was released , still enjoying it..dB

Thanks. The live music I have heard, from various artists, to me isn't the same as normal recorded, or remastered tracks. This may be because my headphones aren't that good, or my source, but nevertheless, I prefer "normal" recorded tracks.. at least at the moment.

I will take a note, and remember this.

Thank you,

-Nick
600smile.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #8 of 11
I saw him perform live and he's every bit as good as it sounds on the record. Great potential, let's hope the follow-up album keeps the promises of this one.

Oct 14, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #10 of 11
This thread is only one decade old, so I don't think it's too late to add Ryan Adams to the above list of artists :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back