Panasonic RP-HTF600 velour pad sewing DIY
Apr 13, 2019 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

iddqd23

New Head-Fier
Hey there,
being the cheapskate i am, i just 'modded' my Panasonic RP-HTF600's, using some spare fabric from a velvet bag from another pair of headphones incidentally.
This mod- changing the earpads on the 600's for velours ones is recommended everywhere, and since my original vinyl pads were already in a bad state, i checked sources, but the 20ish bucks were a bit hefty for my taste...
the sewing took me an hour and the pads are actually velvetish, not your regular velour fabric, which i kinda like.
Just sewed the fabric on top the vinyl pads from the inside, so the stitching doesn't show...

Def improvement on the phones, much more natural wear and better sound..
So for anyone wanting to save a few bucks and not afraid of some Hausfrau-work, this is a goodin..

edit-the headphones were the best 25 bucks i ever spent, those cans were truly a sleeper...not so much so these days, as they go for 150-250 bucks from what ive checked:beyersmile:, probably due to all the super positive appraisal over the years- which is more than justified, i might add..

2019-04-13 18.07.10.jpg

as to those cans, check this thread for more...prob the biggest sleeper cans ever...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-panasonic-rp-htf600-s-headphones-more-fun-than-the-hd650.571005/

Attachments

• 2019-04-13 08.49.02.jpg
    2019-04-13 08.49.02.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 3
Nice sewing!

I sadly learned they just discontinued these a few weeks ago. That's why the price skyrocketed, they're collectibles now. They were still selling for the original 35 dollar price one week, the next week they were gone...These have been my daily drivers for a decade, and the original cable remains intact. I was considering a backup pair, looks like I'll have to take extra-good care of these now.

About 7 years ago, I splurged on the 35 dollar Beyerdynamic 250 velours. My ears have always been too big for the stock pads, the Beyers are perfect for me, and still remain in awesome shape, def worth the cash.

With a nicer pad these cans are just about the best bang-for-buck you could imagine, especially considering the durability. The angled driver is especially nice. These forums is where I discovered them, I hope everone who bought them still has theirs, and that Panasonic chose not to cheap out on the successor.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 3
Hey there,
thanks and yep, sad news they are discontinued..i already wrapped the headband in tape for some extra sturdyness lol
i can pick them up for about 60Euro that is here at amaz** still, might even go for that..
cheers
edit- just checked availability and seems they are totally sold out now...bummer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back