Panasonic RP-HDA100
Nov 18, 2002 at 10:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
panasonic_rphda100.jpg

57mm drivers,20mm super tweeter, 3-100,000 response. 110 ohms FORGET IT THEY SUCK

Nov 18, 2002 at 11:20 AM Post #7 of 12
Yeh I did a search and no good stuff said about them. Oh well another 345.00 I dont spend. Where was I when these were reviewed. I guess befor I got here.

Nov 18, 2002 at 8:23 PM Post #10 of 12
I somewhat like how they look, except for those ridiculous kidney-shaped pads orbiting the driver housings. They seem like the kind of gimmick marketing schmucks would give a special name to.

"Dynamic Ultra Multiple Balancers"

D.U.M.B.

And they're $345?!?! Someone help me get my jaw off the floor.

Nov 18, 2002 at 9:05 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
I ain't so sure that I will like the wood but might get the A1000

It all depends upon your musical tastes. The W series are supposed to be more laid back with a much sweeter midrange. The A series are supposed to be more forward and aggressive sounding. Since I like tubes and midrange, I have ordered the W1000 cans. They might be a little more delicate and need to be handled well, but I baby my stuff and treat it quite well, so no problem there!!!

Maybe we can hook-up with others who have bought the other set of cans and compare the differences in sonic characteristics of the W and A 1000 series. I for one would love to find someone near me who ordered the A1000s, A100Ti, W2002, or W100 and wanted to compare them to the W1000!!!

Nov 18, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Jackangel
I somewhat like how they look, except for those ridiculous kidney-shaped pads orbiting the driver housings. They seem like the kind of gimmick marketing schmucks would give a special name to.

"Dynamic Ultra Multiple Balancers"

D.U.M.B.

And they're $345?!?! Someone help me get my jaw off the floor.

They were the good part of the headphone. They do distribute the load really well and it was super comfortable. The problem is that they sounded very thin. I think if your ears are that far away from the drivers then you would need really powerful bass from them to begin with to compensate but the drivers dont move enough air. That and the plug assembly fell off on mine, my reason for taking it back but I was already regretting the purchase and was thinking about asking for my money back. Fortunately they had none others to replace it with so after they had checked the damage wasn't caused by me, even without me asking for it, offered me my money back. I acted really disappointed but inside I was doing cartwheels of delight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back