Panasonic CT570 v. CT780?
Mar 13, 2002 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

radrd

Found that torchiere lamps induce nicotine addiction in moths.
Can someone tell me the pros and cons of going with one over the other?

The CT570 can be had for around $80 and the CT780 can be had for about $115. I'm debating as to whether the 780 will be $35 better than the 570.

If you would like to know more about why I'm debating between the two, see this existing thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...&threadid=8517

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2002 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 8
No opinions, but you can get them cheaper from Tweeter right now on clearance. The 570 is selling for $68, and the 780 for $98. You could probably call a store and have them ship to you w/o much difficulty.

Mar 13, 2002 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 8
Can't speak of sound quality, never did an A/B comparison, but from purely practical point of view 570 seems a bit better. It uses AAA size cells, so you don't have to spend a fortune when 780s gumsticks die. Also the AAAs can be recharged in a better external cherger, which will prolong their life.
Don't recall right now how long a play time you get on both (780 should be longer) but both players will have enough for normal everyday use.

Mar 13, 2002 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by roll-man
hold on! here's your deal. hurry!

Personally, I think you should go with the Panasonic 570. It's the only player that has uncompresed antishock when using the headphone jack -- the 780 only has uncompressed antishock when you're using the line out.

As to battery life, the 570 does great with the external battery pack attached. It's actually very small -- it adds very little to the overall size of the player. I think it gets over 40 hours with both internal and external batteries.

Mar 14, 2002 at 6:33 AM Post #8 of 8
I personally don't like the battery pack of the 780. it this big lump thing much like the one that came with my slsx 500. makes the player a lot bigger when put on.

The 570 external pack looks way better (like a tube, same height and width as the player) and doesn't add much to the overall size of the PCDP and it takes cheaper AA's. so when your Nimh AAA dies, it'll save you a bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back