Pairing DAC with iBasso DX80
Oct 28, 2018 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Carrow

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for an amp/DAC to pair with my iBasso DX80. I have a Topping NX1s but I rarely use it as part of a portable setup as it's not especially powerful. Something that could help bring out the best in my DX80 would be great. It's coming up to my birthday so I might have a bit more money to spend than usual - upper limit of maybe €150 would be ideal. Any suggestions?

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 8
Would might help if you said what you will be using it with.

Oct 29, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 8
Oct 29, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #6 of 8
The Grace Design M900 Dac/Amp might be worth your consideration. I have been very pleased with the versatility and audio performance and have owned mine for several years and it continues to function flawlessly.
In addition to using it with your DX80, you can also use it via USB from your laptop or desktop computer. I often use that method for streaming Tidal and Spotify via headphones.

Oct 30, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #7 of 8
The Grace Design M900 Dac/Amp might be worth your consideration. I have been very pleased with the versatility and audio performance and have owned mine for several years and it continues to function flawlessly.
In addition to using it with your DX80, you can also use it via USB from your laptop or desktop computer. I often use that method for streaming Tidal and Spotify via headphones.

Do you know how much that might cost me second hand? :)

Oct 30, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #8 of 8
Hard to say. I recently saw one listed for $250. You might just place a WTB on the Source Components For Sale thread for either the Grace M9xx which was the Massdrop version or the M900 which is available directly from Grace Design and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back