Painting headphone pads
Jul 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mudo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all. Does anyone know what is the best way to paint sponge pads? I would like to make the Sennheiser HD414 black to use with my Grado.

I know a member sold in the past HD414 quarter modded pads already painted in black, but I couldn't find any information about the process he followed.

The color should stand even if the pad is compressed hundreds of times and it shouldn't react with sweat, that's the tricky part. I guess the procedure should be more focused towards a chemical reaction that turns the sponge into black than an proper painting ( ...
confused_face_2.gif
).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Jul 29, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 5
Making them from scratch just to have one pair of pads is too time consuming and complicated. So, isn't it possible to paint them or make them react with something to turn them black?

I would like to find an easy process. If I can't then I will buy flats or just use the Sennheiser HD414 in yellow.

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Thank you MisterX, specially for the third link.

I read a lot of post from you related with the Gamma DAC. I never expected that the first time you answered a post of mine would be one related with dyes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back