Pad Shape
Apr 21, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 6
pads are going to change the way the sound wave interacts with the pinna of your ear as well as cause/alleviate reflections/resonances. depth of the pads, angled, size of the opening, materials used. It can cause the image to be more in your head or out in front, small or large, etc.

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 6
pads are going to change the way the sound wave interacts with the pinna of your ear as well as cause/alleviate reflections/resonances. depth of the pads, angled, size of the opening, materials used. It can cause the image to be more in your head or out in front, small or large, etc.
i just bought some angled leather pads for my dt770 pro and oh my god, this is just the sound signature i have been looking for from these headphones. Never knew that just a change of pads could change the sound so much

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 6
i just bought some angled leather pads for my dt770 pro and oh my god, this is just the sound signature i have been looking for from these headphones. Never knew that just a change of pads could change the sound so much

Hah very cool, id love to see those measurements, beyers with leather pads, phew

I really like the Dekoni LCD Velour pads on the Audeze EL-8 and Hifiman HE-400i. Smoother treble bigger soundstage breathable massively confortable(after redycing clamp a bit on the headband) and something about the thick memory foam and tighter knight velour maybe doesnt impact bass as much as most velour pads.
Another user posted measurements with the lcd2c and you can see only slightly rolled off bass and much smoother treble. The smoother treble equates to better imaging as well.
9938196_l.png

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Hah very cool, id love to see those measurements, beyers with leather pads, phew

I really like the Dekoni LCD Velour pads on the Audeze EL-8 and Hifiman HE-400i. Smoother treble bigger soundstage breathable massively confortable(after redycing clamp a bit on the headband) and something about the thick memory foam and tighter knight velour maybe doesnt impact bass as much as most velour pads.
Another user posted measurements with the lcd2c and you can see only slightly rolled off bass and much smoother treble. The smoother treble equates to better imaging as well.
unfortunately i dont have any equipment to measure this otherwise i would love to show you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back