Pachelbel Canon!
Aug 11, 2004 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zcx

100+ Head-Fier
One of the best music in my life.
Just love it.

I now own more than 10 different editions about the Canon, bue just want to get more.

Aug 11, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSMR
Easy there! It's just a couple of bars of harmony over and over again. If you listen so many recordings, you'll be hypnotized for life.

True, but since a basic harmony is based on mathematics, (the music of the spheres), we are attracted to it...and since it is a basic attraction, it is a huge attraction, and on and on and on and on and on...
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2004 at 9:30 PM Post #4 of 6
Do you have the Orchestre de Chambre Jean-Francois Paillard version conducted by Maurice Andre (Erato 4509-98475-2)? It is by far my favorite version and one of my all time favorite pieces of music.

Aug 11, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 6
yeah this is truely a masterpiece, and probably also the reason Vitamin C - Graduation, and Coolio - C U When U Get There was such a sucess.

By far the worst recording i have was done by the New York Chamber Academy. The recording itself is accurate and the band played well, but it was TOO FAST. The song is done in about 3 min. When the fast violins start you can hear the strain it's put on the musicians.

Aug 12, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #6 of 6
Ah, simply amazing piece of music. This was the song that got me into classical. I had been playing trumpet in band for several years, but was never a big classical person, til 7th grade. A senior brass quintet played Canon, and I feel for it.

I really enjoy the Canadian Brass version, though I'd love to here other particularly good ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back