PA2V2 + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + iPod touch 4th gen a good setup?
Jul 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

xjmoneyx

New Head-Fier
Hi all, 

Thanks for having a look at my post. Newly arrived. 

PA2V2 + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + iPod touch (4th Gen) would this be a good setup or just plain silly?

Should I also use an LOD, recommend any? I see Qables at the top of the list in the head gear section, would that be going over the top with this setup? 

It's for the office and the plane ride every other week.

What do you all think? 

Thanks.

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 8
You can find LODs of all kinds and prices all over the place, lol.  Cheap ones on eBay or a Fiio LOD will do.

Aug 1, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 8
Yes, get an LOD. It makes a big difference. Also, the PA2V2 is a fantastic little amp. I use it with my Nano and my SR80i's and it sounds marvelous!

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 8

Quote:

PA2V2 + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + iPod touch (4th Gen) would this be a good setup or just plain silly?

I use exactly this setup (except my touch is a 2nd gen) and I use a Fiio line out cable to hook the amp to the touch.  Make sure you rip your music to the touch at a decent rate (I personally use lossless but >=320kbs for the generalised win!) and it'll sound pretty awesome in my opinion!

Also bypassing the touch amp lets the iPod run quite a bit longer on a single charge!

Aug 7, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #7 of 8
That should be a nice and balanced little setup, I've always been a huge fan of the PA2V2. The guy who makes them is really nice and as someone who builds small electronics on the side and for circuit analysis in school, his pricing is spot on for the support he gives as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back