[PA]Which DAP to Buy
Jan 10, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 6
What are your requirements and priorities? (I.e. battery life, sound signature, etc..) If you’re just using IEMs, any of them will do (with various pros and cons), if you want to drive full sized headphones the first three are better options as they have (a lot) more power.

Jan 10, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 6
What are your requirements and priorities? (I.e. battery life, sound signature, etc..) If you’re just using IEMs, any of them will do (with various pros and cons), if you want to drive full-sized headphones the first three are better options as they have (a lot) more power.

I'm on the go music listener, my priorities are maintaining quality, stage and the dynamics, I have an Audeze EL- 8T nothing fancy. I'm new to the audiophile world, so I need help in picking one DAP which I can get prolonged use.

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 6
I went with iBasso, though I’d go for the DX160 for an all in one solution or the DX220 if you want more power and amp swapping options (which is why I chose it). Battery life on the DX220 is OK, but certainly it’s weakest point.

a lot of folks like the Fiio, it has plenty of power, and good reviews. KANN is relatively huge, and only really necessary if you want to drive big, harder to drive headphones.

sony’s newest (ZX507) may also fit the bill provided you don’t want to drive really inefficiënt headphones, though if only get it if you don’t live in the EU (due to idiotic volume caps that limit the power output).

Jan 10, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 6
I went with iBasso, though I’d go for the DX160 for an all in one solution or the DX220 if you want more power and amp swapping options (which is why I chose it). Battery life on the DX220 is OK, but certainly, it’s the weakest point.

a lot of folks like the Fiio, it has plenty of power, and good reviews. KANN is relatively huge, and only really necessary if you want to drive big, harder to drive headphones.

sony’s newest (ZX507) may also fit the bill provided you don’t want to drive really inefficiënt headphones, though if only get it if you don’t live in the EU (due to idiotic volume caps that limit the power output).

I have an Adueze EL-8T it has planar magnetic drivers, it usually requires more power I think. KANN supports a 24bit rate when compared to DX220. I'm leaning more towards DX220 but Fiio 11 pro has support for more formats and stuff! This is a rabbit hole!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back