P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .
Mar 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #496 of 561
No difference in terms of sq. He offers both types purely because different applications, I have more amps with single DIP sockets so bought duals and not singles. It's your choice, are you thinking of rolling chips in anything else?

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #497 of 561
Quote:
No difference in terms of sq. He offers both types purely because different applications, I have more amps with single DIP sockets so bought duals and not singles. It's your choice, are you thinking of rolling chips in anything else?

Ok, I see. Now that you've mention it, I actually have a desktop DAC/amp that has socketed opamps, a Matrix Cube. If I go for the dual LME49990, I guess I can use it there too! Great advice, thanks!

beerchug.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #498 of 561
A "shout out" thank you to Ron "HiFlight" for his incredible patience with me on his P4 topkit.  I am still fumbling along with it all, not sure if my configuration is OK, or not.  Admittedly, I am a software guy and not a hardware type....

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #499 of 561
Ron is an absolute gent, I have learned much from him.

if you are unsure of your set up, ask on this thread. There are many peeps willing to help, don't risk damaging anything for the sake of a question.

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #500 of 561
Quote:
Ron is an absolute gent, I have learned much from him.

if you are unsure of your set up, ask on this thread. There are many peeps willing to help, don't risk damaging anything for the sake of a question.

Mr SpudHarris and all other !
What is your P4 configuration?  Can you upload photos and a description of the sound?

I am still working through some basic concepts, such as what each component is that I am looking at.  

I plan to upload info for newbies once I an sure I understand what I am looking at.

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #501 of 561
Question to anyone;

Is it possible to install a Burr Brown OPA627 opamp into the P4?
I read from Portaphile's description of the 627 that it is an excellent opamp.

Would I need one or two?

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #503 of 561
Quote:
You can use the OPA627 (x2) but there are better chips. Is that amps circuit optimised for the 627 chip? If so, it may not sound as good in the P4.....

"Is that amps circuit optimised for the 627 chip?"

- I don't... and am open to recommendations for rolling.

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #504 of 561
Quote:
This is where I bought all mine.....

LME49990

The ISL5002 are a little tricky to get as they come on a special adapter with resistors on the base. I bought mine from Ron Kerlin (HiFlight). He is my OpAmp Guru and an absolute gent, I'm sure he will sort you out if you drop him a line.

About the ISL5002, can you tell me if I need to get 1 or 2 of those to use in the P4? I'm going to PM Ron to ask about availability and price...

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #509 of 561
Well, after contacting Ron (HiFlight) about the ISL55002 chip, I finally got it up and running in my P4! He's really nice and supportive, and following his suggestion of using the ISL55002 in L/R with the AD797 chips as buffers and dummy ground chips, I achieved the kind of sound I was looking for from my P4, making it sound much like a tube amp, warm and musical, yet detailed with great bass performance! I'm very happy with this setup! 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back