P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .
Jan 10, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #391 of 561

Quote:

I ended up sending mine back and am currently eagerly awaiting the replacement unit (should get here tomorrow). It seems that there must be at least one batch out there with dodgy batteries (discharges itself completely over 24-36 hours, even if unused and disconnected - regardless of op-amp configuration). The old unit gave about 7 hours' battery life driving GR07s or HF5s - this was also obviously not OK.

Incidentally, I've found that it works extremely well driving FA-003s - there seems to be a real synergy here.....

Eww.  Let us know how the new one pans out.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #392 of 561

Quote:
Don't have my Sony LOD yet, but:

This was posted quite a while ago, but I just saw it. What I want to know is where did you get those rubber(?) straps? It seems like a much better solution to carrying an amp around with your DAP than sticking velcro on the bottom. If anyone knows what these straps are, please let me know! Thanks.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #393 of 561

This was posted quite a while ago, but I just saw it. What I want to know is where did you get those rubber(?) straps? It seems like a much better solution to carrying an amp around with your DAP than sticking velcro on the bottom. If anyone knows what these straps are, please let me know! Thanks.

Here is one source....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Wristbands-Wrist-Bands-Rubber-Bracelets-0-75-SHIPPING-BUY-10-FREE-/110761334152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5f78b4d072#ht_500wt_966

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #394 of 561
Oooh - loving the hot pink wristbands, Ron !  :wink:

Fashionistas aside, I would note the price on these. Stamp 'ALO Audio' on them and I guarantee that they would cost significantly more. Oh, wait ..

http://aloaudio.com/alo-audio-silicone-amp-straps-black-with-logo.html

eek.gif

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #396 of 561
Only that we are slaves to marketing and the need to express our rabid consumerism by paying for the privilege of advertising someone else's brand. Could be worse - I dont spend a single cent on fashion, but those who do really know what it means to pay for a visible label.

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #397 of 561

Quote:
Quote:

Here is one source....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Wristbands-Wrist-Bands-Rubber-Bracelets-0-75-SHIPPING-BUY-10-FREE-/110761334152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5f78b4d072#ht_500wt_966

Thanks for your reply!

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #398 of 561

Quote:
Only that we are slaves to marketing and the need to express our rabid consumerism by paying for the privilege of advertising someone else's brand. Could be worse - I dont spend a single cent on fashion, but those who do really know what it means to pay for a visible label.

Yeah, know what you are saying. I prefer the plain black ones over the printed ones anyway.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #399 of 561
Thanks for that Ebay link. Just ordered a couple. Will keep my db2/pb2 close together :)

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #401 of 561
Well my little volume knob decided to go missing, can't have been screwed on very tight.

Been having a nightmare of a time sourcing a replacement, anyway one of many arrived today and it's ideal [sort of]

It's a mentor 505.613

Perfect size, but the set screw won't go far enough to bite down, luckily it will bite onto the opposite side, and bites down hard.

Finding a 6mm d shape knob is not a problem, finding one with a set screw mission impossible!!

But it ended well, and is on there firm, i have a couple others coming, so we'll see what they're like.

Also it seems farnell sell under a different name on ebay, there's a minimum £20 spend on the uk site, but when i ordered the knob on ebay it came direct from farnell reciept and all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260877636815?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #403 of 561
Sadly i don't, but hold on to that thought i have two others coming, and i might want an original one anyway.

You need it to sit close to the body when tightening, as you need the dial to clamp down on the whole thing.

Like i said the bolt isn't long enough to clamp on the flat portion, but do it the opposite side and it works great.

Nice size as well, real small and you can see all the markings on the amp fine, looks like it's original actually.

Took me forever to find one that worked mind.

Only gripe is the set screw is visible, so i'll put a dab of black enamel on it at some point.

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #404 of 561
Well I checked and have 2 x flat (dull) alloy and 1 x shiny one (probably off my old P3+) so if you want one just let me know. Got a pic of your with the new black one? Might just snatch one anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back