P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .
Jun 23, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #556 of 561
After enjoying opamp rolling in a Neco Soundlab V4 I upgraded to his new V5 which doesn't allow opamp rolling! still a truly superb amp but I miss the rolling. I had seen P4 and PB2 etc in the opamp thread and managed to find a used P4 and now have a new playground for opamp's.  It came with at least part of a top kit and I have range of single opamp's and one that I've not seen mentioned the "Ultra Analog THE-1 single OP AMP module" I found it very clean and balanced, has any one else used them?  

Aug 3, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #557 of 561
Has anyone tried the Sparkos Labs discrete opamps in the P4?

Aug 3, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #558 of 561
I have had to order a new battery for my P4 as it was completely dead last night. Using just the mains power adapter.

Can't get it to play nice tonight though. Tried different buffers, different jumper positions (gain), a few Opamps are quiet but the Sparkos are picking up a serious amount of interference.

Feeding it via headphone out (discrete) of my Oppo HA1. Using the P4 is not new to me so I'm confused...

Aug 11, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #559 of 561
I also have interference when use main power adaptor. Try different power source/socket or use power condition unit to reduce the interference.

Nov 22, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #561 of 561
My battery has also just died. It would be a shame to end up breaking the amp for parts...

Does anyone have a idea where I may be able to source a replacement battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back