P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .
Nov 8, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #62 of 561
I just installed the transistor buffers. What a kick. They put out about 1000mA and do get hot but the sound is totally efforstless. As always, I need time to decide if the sound settles where I like or not but the options are fun. 

Nov 8, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #63 of 561
The bass is definitely punchy and full...my 750 pro ultrasones are a different headphone with this amp...no issues driving the HD650s either, bit have a new found love for the 750s

Nov 16, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #64 of 561
Quote:
I just installed the transistor buffers. What a kick. They put out about 1000mA and do get hot but the sound is totally efforstless. As always, I need time to decide if the sound settles where I like or not but the options are fun. 

Hi Jamato,

My P4 should be in tonight, are these transistor buffers that come in the P4 stock rolling kit?

Thanks!

Nov 16, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #65 of 561
I'm starting to get sick of dragging my D4 Topkit to and from work every day, not to mention worrying I'm going to break it in transit. Every time this P4 thread pops up I get more and more tempted to get one so I can have a headphone amp both at home and at work.

If only I had limitless money :frowning2:

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #66 of 561

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Jamato,

My P4 should be in tonight, are these transistor buffers that come in the P4 stock rolling kit?

Thanks!

The P4 rolling kit includes 2 each of the following buffers:  BUF634, BUF634 Hi-C, Transistor buffer.

Nov 16, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #67 of 561
Anyone using the D10/D12 as DAC into the P4 ? On paper, it shapes up as a good office solution, particularly for those with several hundred gigabytes of lossless files sitting on a hard disk.

Nov 16, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #68 of 561

I haven't yet tried that but I will.  I don't think there will be much of an improvement in SQ unless one has very difficult to drive phones that need the extra horsepower that the P4 can deliver.

Quote:
Anyone using the D10/D12 as DAC into the P4 ? On paper, it shapes up as a good office solution, particularly for those with several hundred gigabytes of lossless files sitting on a hard disk.

Nov 16, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #69 of 561
No, the D12 Topkit is totally different than anything that is in the P4 rolling kit.  I am currently working on the P4 but it will take awhile, as there are so many possible combinations to try with various music genres.   At this point, I am am considering that I might just provide a supplemental kit to the standard rolling kit, as iBasso has already included a pair of my Topkit Class A L-R opamps.

Quote:
HiFlight, does it means that if I am going to buy P4 there is no need to buy a D12 Topkit as it is already included in the P4 stock opamp rolling kit.

Nov 16, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #70 of 561
@estreeter...P4 with D12? That's exactly what I'm working on, but stock the P4 just came with low gain and I will have to adjust to bring the power up. I'm new to rolling opamps and buffers so I am going to take my time learning and see if I can use this combo as a mini, transportable rig that I can configure many ways depending upon where I'm going and which phones I am using. I like the weight and size of both iBassos (P4 is smaller) and either amp straps to the Sony X well because the Sony is so small...it has me grinning so far!

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #71 of 561
Thanks Cee Tee - exciting times for X owners with the arrival of the $30 Chinese LOD after enthusiasts have been crying out for one for so long. 

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #72 of 561
@estreeter: Thanks to CN11, I have one of those $30 LODs on the way...

If I want something different, I'll have Qusp modify the adapter that they sell for $16.

I'll post that the LOD works or doesn't work with X and D12/P4.  

Between P4 (which just arrived today) and D12 I have a lot of chips and learning/listening to do with all this stuff- just in time for a holiday break!

(Music sounds so good right now...the toys are the delivery device but they really add to the experience.)

I appreciate the community here as well!

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #73 of 561
I'll post pictures of P4 & D12 with Sony X later...I really like either on my desk at work or home.

Now I'll be tempted to bring the big cans back in to work...here I have to say that the MS1s are much lower profile than the MS1i.

And the brushed silver matches my Mac and MS2i perfectly (though sound quality would win over coordinated-looking components).

So far, I'm already VERY happy with the new gear.  I want to contribute more back to Head-Fi but I know I haven't learned, listened, and compared enough.

I'll be meeting up with others that can listen to my gear to compare and share though. 

(Ha, I guess I'll be ignorantly happy until I hear Grados through a proper tube amp...) 

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #74 of 561

Quote:
(Ha, I guess I'll be ignorantly happy until I hear Grados through a proper tube amp...) 

The point is that you are *happy*, and you haven't spent 20K+ on audio - keep your hobby in perspective and the music will always come before the gear.  :)

Nov 17, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #75 of 561
Could I please ask, for those of you who have got the P4 how long did it take to arrive after you ordered it? I have ordered one and cannot wait to get my hands on it!
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back