1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by jamato8, Oct 25, 2010.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last
  1. SpudHarris Contributor
    That looks great buddy. I definately want one for my P4 and PB2. I wish I could source one of these knobs from the 2Stepdance.

[​IMG]

2. Huxley
    Yeah i've seen similar on ebay, but they have three bands and appear to be too big.

Anyway i have these two yet to arrive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190626696351?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120751739842?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The latter might not fit, we shall see.

3. CJG888

I am thinking about getting a portable DAC to go with my QLS QA-350 and P4 (ideally, it should also work with an iPad2 via CCK without external power). Which would, in your opinion, make more sense - D12 or DB2? The latter seems more attractive, as I would not be paying for an amp I don't need, and I would have the option of going balanced in the future. Would it be overkill to buy a DB2 for single-ended operation? How do the DAC sections of the two units compare, and are they substantially better than the QLS' onboard DAC?

4. paulybatz

Quote:

I had a cable made to go from HIROSE to mini out for my DB1...also the D7 is a fantastic DAC unit too

I use the D7 and P4 combo all the time now

5. CJG888

Quote:

Thanks for the advice. As you have tried both, which sounds better: DB1 or D7? Unfortunately, AFAIK, the D7 cannot be used with an iPad2 without a powered USB hub, though [​IMG].

6. paulybatz

Quote:

Ill have to do some A/B'ing this week for you...but perhaps answered the ? if your IPAD is going to be a main source

7. Huxley
    Does anyone know of an omp amp config that'll raise the treble and tighten the bass, maybe even widen the soundstage a bit?

8. jamato8 Contributor

Quote:
    I would email or PM HiFlight. He has a handle on all of it and has some great kits. 

9. CJG888
    I've found AD797s combined with wideband buffers and dummy adapters on the ground sockets works well for me in this regard. Could still do with a bit more treble extension, though.

10. Huxley
    Thanks, to both of you im in talks with hiflight who really knows his opamps.

11. estreeter

Quote:

Are you guys talking opamps or corporate takeovers ? You should ask his people to do lunch with your people.   :wink:

12. paulybatz
    I like my P4 stock

13. Huxley
    Well so do i, but i grab my yamaha EPH-100 more than anything else so im looking to improve what they lack in.

The P4 itself is a great amp, can't fault it especially at the price point.

14. CJG888
    Does anyone know if the P4 will drive the 600 Ohm HD 25-13, or would I be better off with the standard 70 Ohm HD 25-1 II?

My intention is to use them for listening to classical music (source will be an iPod Classic 160GB via Qables LOD). Listening to Wagner must be a possibility [​IMG] (IMHO it isn't via IEMs!). I know that the DT-1350s may be the more logical choice, but they are much more expensive....

15. civilaudio
    After searching the head-fi for combination and opamp orders...

my current second best for the P4 is AD8599 (class A)+ HA-5002(Buffer) + ISL 55002 (G/V)

Edit: After few hours of listening, I changed LT1355 in place of ad8599, this bring the sound stage closer to listener. I think this is the best now.

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last