P.Headphone: bassy/comfortable/sub80$?
May 4, 2010 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BassThor

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for a set of, well the criteria you can see above, portable headphones.
I'm a basshead, really love the sound of the MEE M9's and my old DT770, but I need something portable now as I'm up for some travelling in the time to come..

Been looking at:

AKG K518dj (uncomfortable over longer periods?)
ATH-M50
Sony MDR-V700D

The two latter ones look really comfy but I'm kind of lost when it comes to sound.. Hard to tell which to choose without actually listening first.

So I'm looking for your ears and opinions!
beyersmile.png

May 5, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 7
I'm not sure if the Ultrasone PRO 650's are portable enough for you (they do fold up into a ball), but those headphone have the BEST bass I have ever heard from a headphone including the dt-990 and the ultrasone 750 and 900.

May 5, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bastogne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if the Ultrasone PRO 650's are portable enough for you (they do fold up into a ball), but those headphone have the BEST bass I have ever heard from a headphone including the dt-990 and the ultrasone 750 and 900.

Ultrasone PRO 650(?) seriously tears my budget apart.
triportsad.gif
But from what I read this is definitely something I will upgrade to at a point in life where I have more money.
By portable I meant fold-able and light headphones, so the Ultrasone PRO 650 would probably be the prime choice, but I can't spend that much right now.

May 5, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #5 of 7
I don't know about the other headphones, but the M50s are really very comfortable (after you get pass the initial tight clamping problem).

If you're a basshead though, I don't think the M50s will satisfy you. The bass doesn't extend as deep as I'd like and isn't "tight" enough. Response though is very quick to my ears.

May 8, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I don't know about the other headphones, but the M50s are really very comfortable (after you get pass the initial tight clamping problem).

If you're a basshead though, I don't think the M50s will satisfy you. The bass doesn't extend as deep as I'd like and isn't "tight" enough. Response though is very quick to my ears.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look for some other bass heavy phones.. Does the Sennheiser HD25 deliver in the bass department?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back