P.EAR.S - First Swiss Made Custom Monitors

1. Virtu Fortuna
    Hello folks.

After I received the SH-3 model from P.EAR.S for a review, I decided to open this thread. I personally think after listening to it, they deserve more recognition in this market because this monitor is easily one of the best I've heard. Fantastic resolution, great separation and a reference, flat sound signature. Incredibly impressive.

I don't know why they haven't had some exposure in the market. Maybe they're working very locally for musicians and etc. at this point, but maybe someone here heard about them?

IMG_20180407_122811_597.jpg

I will include it in my IEM Chart very soon, and you'll see the detailed review later on. Man what a CIEM this is!

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    WayneWoondirts likes this.
  2. Rollk2
    I'm very interested too! I'm a bit afraid that bass level could be too low for my personal preferences, but very very curious though.

Could you compare them to another CIEM you've?

3. Virtu Fortuna
    Hi,

You can check out my IEM Chart to have a basic idea of comparisons with other IEMs. Bass quantity is not high to satisfy bass lovers though. Yet, I got more low end when I paired them with a copper aftermarket cable. It sounds great with Effect Audio Ares II and it becomes fuller & warmer.

I see you use SE-5 Ult and no it doesn't have that much bass quantity (I've listened to SE-5 Ref before)

It overall sounds flat and reference with the stock cable.

Also check out my short preview of them here: https://www.headfonia.com/picture-sunday-pears-sh-3/

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Rollk2 likes this.
  4. Rollk2
    Thank you! I owned the S-EM9 too, has the SH3 à fuller sound/imaging?
    It's an acrylic shell filled with silicon isn't?

5. Virtu Fortuna
    Acrylic shell filled with acrylic. Build quality is amazing.

No, S-EM9 also has more bass in it.

6. Rollk2
    OK I can imagine S-EM9 has more bass and especially sub bass, but the sound imaging is not thick or with body as some custom have (ie those with silicon like ACS, Custom Art or Spiral Ear).

7. Virtu Fortuna
    You like thicker sound with slightly darker character I imagine?

8. Rollk2
    Slightly, too darkish sound signature lacks of transparency, but a too thin imaging lacks of emotional feeling and can easily be harsh.

9. Virtu Fortuna
  10. Rollk2
    Nice review! Thank you!

I guess the SH-3 are wonderful but I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for. Though I've to try them :deadhorse:

11. toranku
    Cool...kinda skeptical since I'm not able to try it. How would you compare these to the Etymotic ER4XR and ER4SR?

Thank you.

12. Virtu Fortuna
    I only listened to the old ER4P before, but I can say it's close to that in terms of signature, but just a little more bass with more controlled approach, especially on lower treble.

In short, you'll very much like the SH-3 if you like flat and reference signature. It's on a much higher level then Etymotic IMO.

toranku likes this.
  13. toranku
    I see, thanks for chiming in. Might do their demo programme