P-51 vs. Shadow - How Different?
Nov 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

FreeBlues

100+ Head-Fier
I've seen a couple posts on different threads where some folks think the Shadow is a large improvement over the P-51, but there are othe posts that state the two are pretty similar. So, anyone done some actual listening and compared these two?

For the record, I own a P-51 and think it's a pretty good little amp, good, not perhaps, great (I also own a Lisa III which is well beyond great). I'm wondering if I replaced the P-51 with the Shadow if I'd get an upgrade in sound, and if so, how much and in what areas. I'm using UE11's, so pretty easy to drive.

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 4
I feel that they have similar sound signatures, but the Shadow gives you a bit more detail. The transients are better, so the picture seems more in focus. Someone described it as "laser-etched." I feel that's the most apparent difference.

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel that they have similar sound signatures, but the Shadow gives you a bit more detail. The transients are better, so the picture seems more in focus. Someone described it as "laser-etched." I feel that's the most apparent difference.

x2

Both amps are amazing but I prefer the Shadow because of the digital volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back