Ownership Playoff - Shure E2C & E2 vs. Shure E3C & E3
Jun 25, 2005 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

PTheD

Headphoneus Supremus
Which one of these Shure canalphones do you own? Do you own all four of them, give it a vote and lets see which is more populous amungst the members of Head-Fi.

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 14
E2c and E3......E4 as soon as it's released.
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 14
Didnt know places like that carried things that could be used as a hanger. I need my mother to get me one now, lol.

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little J040
Didnt know places like that carried things that could be used as a hanger. I need my mother to get me one now, lol.

LOL wrong thread.
smily_headphones1.gif
I loved e2c though. I tried the e3's and they just weren't for me. I will be looking into the 5's

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #5 of 14
Whow, I sure hope Little J posted that in the wrong thread cause I was thrown for a loop their. I have the E2C and I enjoy it a good bit. I think it is the first entry in the Hi-Fi market for canalphones, at least of what I have tried. An entry level Hi-Fi product if there ever was one, not really all that good to an audiophiles ears, but a dern bit better than most of that aftermarket sea out there.

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
Whow, I sure hope Little J posted that in the wrong thread cause I was thrown for a loop their. I have the E2C and I enjoy it a good bit. I think it is the first entry in the Hi-Fi market for canalphones, at least of what I have tried. An entry level Hi-Fi product if there ever was one, not really all that good to an audiophiles ears, but a dern bit better than most of that aftermarket sea out there.

I believe he ment to post that here: http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124984

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT
PTheD
eek.gif
your headphone collection...you etymotic freak
etysmile.gif
oh wait, me too.

I prefer the Shure E2 over the E3.

Hey, who are you calling an Etymotic Freak, huh? Sheesh, I do have a lot of those don't I, did you see my profile or somthing, I have an average of what ~2.3 of each model of Etymotic, heh.

Team Etymotic Freak anyone?
cool.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
I believe he ment to post that here: http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124984

Ah, that makes much more since.

I picked hanger A, hanger C is quite good as well, but with the lighting and the full bodiedness of hanger A it was a clear choice to me. That simplistic look is nice, but all in all the frame and shine of hanger A makes it the undoubted best choice for me.

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:42 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood
E2c and E3......E4 as soon as it's released.
biggrin.gif

Might I ask which of the two you currently own in the Shure E Series lineup you enjoy more?

Jun 25, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #11 of 14
Lol OOPS! Haha, posted in the wrong one.

Jun 25, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #12 of 14
So I just poped in my E2C right, and I am blowing ait out of my mouth and making it move my lips up and down at various speeds. Kind of strange activitly, but no one else is around so...and I am getting a sensation of bass that rivals a 12" sub only a few feet away from my head. Heck it might be like a good 15" high extension sub right up on your face/chest. Quite amazing really. The visceral occilation is very similar.

Jun 26, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #13 of 14
Just a little bump to catch any vagrant shrew that may be wandaring around lost, echolocation guys its the echolocation that will save you. If by chance you don't have the ability to discover the nature of your surroundings by echolocation, then jump on the ownership playoff bandwagon and findyourself in a group of people who own the same canalphone.

I've been listeing to my E2C this entire day because of this thread, and I must say it beats the might buds the MX500s. FOr the price and the style of personal stereo device the MX500s can't be beat, but jump up ~40 to the E2C and the diffirences are clear, and very welcome. Oh yeah, I just finished a week of using the MX500 as my portable can, that might explain my interest in the E2C as being significantly better than the MX500 wouldn't it.

Jun 26, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #14 of 14
I thought I had a good seal with my e2s, until I found out it was only decent. The other day the foamies must have been inserted close to perfect, because I felt a whole lot more sub-like bass in the same songs. It was pretty shocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back