Overpriced Cable Manufacturer Prints Its Own Money To Keep Its Business Afloat

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by bigshot, May 31, 2018.
  1. bigshot
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  2. bfreedma
    colonelkernel8 and BobG55 like this.
  3. bigshot
    I guess they know how to do everything except produce a quality product for a fair price

BobG55 likes this.
  4. bfreedma
    All those trademark attorneys don't come cheap! Gotta make it up in the margin....

colonelkernel8 and BobG55 like this.
  5. BobG55
  6. Glmoneydawg
    Pretty sure they mfg a lot of things that the market has disappeared on, with blutooth,computer audio ect marching forward.They haven't been a pure audio company for years.Think i read they have about 6000 items they sell and/or mfg....dangerous game with things changing as quick as they do nowadays .

7. Glmoneydawg
    If you think their cables are expensive you need to get out more lol.Noel Lee figured out pretty quick that you can sell a lot more 100$ cables than you can 1000$ cables.So if you are looking to vilify this guy you might wamt to look upmarket instead.He started the cable thing....but he didn't take it into the stratosphere.

8. bfreedma

I was more vilifying him for the ridiculous litigation than the cable pricing, though Monster definitely got into the $1000 cable market at their “peak”.

Have to say, I’m not feeling the “Noel Lee is a snake oil salesman, but not the worst snake oil salesman.” defense.

Regardless, I doubt either of us will be investing in Monster crypto currency that will have the value of Blutarsky’s GPA in Animal House when Monster meets its seemingly inevitable corporate demise.

“Mr. Blutarsky - zero point zero”

9. bigshot
    Monster produced some good DTS multichannel recordings.

10. Glmoneydawg
    agreed.....and Bluto seemed like he might be fun to have a beer with despite his gpa :wink:

bfreedma likes this.