Overall better source: TerraTec EWX 2496 or Audiophile 2496?
Apr 27, 2004 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mega

500+ Head-Fier
Im currently very interested in upgrading my source, and these two fit my price range. I have a santa cruz, so ill be willing to spend about 100-150 on a very good source. I don't know the differences between the two, but what do you guys recommend? Money is not a problem for these two as both are priced about the same. Which of these two would be the better overall preformer? The headohones ill be using are the hd-600's and the a900's with a pimeta. And also, is the revo 7.1 in the same class as the two above? If so, out of the three, which would be the best for sound? Thanks.

Apr 27, 2004 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 6
Cant comment on the new Terratec card, as I aint heard it.

I dont think anyone here has really A/B'd the EWX against the AP2496, however, most indicators suggest their performance to be on par with one another. I'd reckon both the EWX and AP2496 would be a bit better than the Revo.

Apr 27, 2004 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 6
Anyone know where to get a terretec EWX 2496 from another site? I checked the for sale fourms, but it seems no one had them up for sale. the only place ive seen them at a good price was taht site..and now its discontinued.

Apr 27, 2004 at 9:42 AM Post #6 of 6
You could try Guitar Center which has it for $139.99 (I'm sure they'll price match JDSound's price) or audioMIDI.com which has it for $115.42.

Speaking of JDSound, I put the Terratec card in my shopping cart and proceeded to the checkout, but it didn't tell me that it was discontinued. Is it discontinued or just out of stock? Just wondering if the latter is the case because Guitar Center says that they're out of stock until May 7th.

D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back