Over the ear headphone with Porta Pro sound
Sep 3, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #16 of 19
There is no myth.
You literally just supported my statement by saying "stretch the new pads over the outer cups".
Unlike most other headphones that have a pad mounting system or flange, this is archaic and ugly by comparison and denying what it truly is doesn't change the fact.
I just proved that the earpads are easily replaceable, therefore, the idea that "the earpads are not replaceable" is a myth...which part of that is confusing to you?1) Whether you like how they look is personal preference.
2) Many headphones have the pads attached by simply slipping the pad over the outer edge, that's a really common mounting system actually.
Your argument makes no sense.

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #17 of 19
I just proved that the earpads are easily replaceable, therefore, the idea that "the earpads are not replaceable" is a myth...which part of that is confusing to you?1) Whether you like how they look is personal preference.
2) Many headphones have the pads attached by simply slipping the pad over the outer edge, that's a really common mounting system actually.
Your argument makes no sense.
Good thing you don't work in a garage changing tyres.

You need to understand that the stock philips shp9500 ear pads are categorically not replaceable.
Original replacement ear pads don't exist - therefore, by definition - the pads are not replaceable.

This isn't a difficult concept to understand.
What you've done is used different ear pads in what most people would describe as a 'DIY', 'workaround' or 'ghetto' fashion.
I'm not knocking your work, it looks fine, but let's not dress it up differently to what it truly is.

Sep 5, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #18 of 19
Good thing you don't work in a garage changing tyres.

You need to understand that the stock philips shp9500 ear pads are categorically not replaceable.
Original replacement ear pads don't exist - therefore, by definition - the pads are not replaceable.

This isn't a difficult concept to understand.
What you've done is used different ear pads in what most people would describe as a 'DIY', 'workaround' or 'ghetto' fashion.
I'm not knocking your work, it looks fine, but let's not dress it up differently to what it truly is.
Man...with all due respect you are tedious.
The OP (who is the person that matters here), was under the impression that when their stock pads wore out they were...S.O.L. and would therefore have garbage in lieu of headphones....AND i rather showed them the path to replacing....blah blah blah
do you see how tedious it is when you obfuscate and blather? The earpads are replaceable, myth busted.
In case you DO want to replace the pads on an SHP9500, I would check out the XL RoundPad from Brainwaivz. I have some on order, I intend to try them on a few different headphones that I have, if it fits my K240 Sextett, it fits the 9500.

Sep 5, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #19 of 19
Man...with all due respect you are tedious.
The OP (who is the person that matters here), was under the impression that when their stock pads wore out they were...S.O.L. and would therefore have garbage in lieu of headphones....AND i rather showed them the path to replacing....blah blah blah
do you see how tedious it is when you obfuscate and blather? The earpads are replaceable, myth busted.
In case you DO want to replace the pads on an SHP9500, I would check out the XL RoundPad from Brainwaivz. I have some on order, I intend to try them on a few different headphones that I have, if it fits my K240 Sextett, it fits the 9500.
Substitute ≠ replace
With all due respect, you are more tedious.

I'm actually the one providing all the information and not hiding the truth, which is that replacement pads are not available.

Don't you see how your lack of this information could also lead to misunderstanding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back