Over-Ear/On-Ear Portable Headphones
Jan 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 7
Do you want something that sounds neutral , or with extra bass? Open or closed?

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 7
I can't recommend anything based on personal experience, but I've been searching for the same thing the past few weeks and I can share what I've found. If you haven't already, look through the forums for other threads similar to this - your needs and price point are pretty common and there are plenty of answers to this question already out there. You can also take a look at this comparison of 96 portable headphones. At the bottom is an extremely helpful graph that should help you pick out a few headphones to do some further reading on. Keep in mind that this comparison doesn't cover every option, though.

The Audio-Technica ATH-M50 is notorious for it's bass, so if that's what you're looking for I'd read up on them.

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
I like powerful bass, not to where you can't hear any vocals and what's better open or closed?

Open headphones typically have better sounstage and better treble. They are also typically more comfortable. They don't block any noise. Closed headphones block noise(some better than others). They tend to have better bass than open headphones. Closed circumaural(surrounding the ears) headphones can make ears very hot with extended use.

Since you want powerful bass, you will probably prefer a closed headphone.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back