Over-ear headphones for about $150
Apr 30, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 25
What is your budget?

Are you OK with open cans (they leak sound)?

What equipment will be powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

If you don't know your preferred sound signature (and even if you do), what genres of music do you plan to run through these cans?

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

Headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  Everyone has a different sized head and head parts, as well as unique sensitives.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

May 5, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #8 of 25
45 minutes left to try to get these. Dont know how long the wait will be though.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k553-pro-studio-headphone

May 5, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #10 of 25
Yeah I got in on the previous "drop" and it's "early May". Didn't know the current one had a set date but thats only when they should start shipping, still not too bad. :)

May 6, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #14 of 25
Throwing in my 2 cents.

I'd say the M50X as well, though I have the M50S. For comfort, I slapped on some HM5 pads and they are pretty much the most comfortable headphones I've ever used.

But if you want to bandwagon and say that the M50(X) is over-recommended, then the K553 Pro are fine. Very treble present, and noticeably lighter on the bass than my M50S. 

I would like to add though that my ears do touch the drivers on the K553 and they do get uncomfortable in less than 30 mins of listening; though it could be because I have large ears.

EDIT: I would like to add that I have my M50S for over 2 years now and they are going strong and I did not exactly baby them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back