Over-Ear headphone recommendation
May 7, 2015 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I am looking to buy a new set of headphones soon.

Things that are important for me:

over ear
closed back
detachable cable
FiiO X3 2nd Gen should be able to drive them
max. 650€ (~740$)

I already looked at a few pairs

- B&O H6
- Sennheisers Momentum 2
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 (no detachable cable, I know)
- Audeze EL8 (way more expensive in Europe though)

If you guys could help me out here with a few recommendations that would be great!
thanks

EDIT
I mostly listen to electronic music (IDM, Glitch, Minimal) but also enjoy Rock, Jazz or Hip Hop

May 9, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #6 of 11
I'd have to say it's a battle between the H6 and the Momentum. 
both sounded great in my opinion, but they weren't burned in. so the sound will change.

I will also audition some final audios (hope VI) soon.

Just wanted to know your opinions on this. If anyone already has one of those and how you like 'em.

@BobMonkhouse thanks, I'll consider them

May 9, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #7 of 11
Momentums are a solid headphone, especially for the genres you listed. I enjoy them, they're fun and really don't require a lot of power to get the best out of them. I do, however, find the bass to be a little too thick for my tastes for any extended listening sessions at home. Great for the train, walking around, and any activities I'm not really concentrating on the music itself. For at home listening sessions, where the music is my focal point, I prefer something less bass heavy and more detailed.

I originally bought the Momentums in hopes of getting an all around, cure all hp and was disappointed. That being said, I still have them, won't sell them anytime soon, and they do what they do very well.

Hope that makes sense...

May 11, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #10 of 11
  thanks for your reply.

do you own the first or second (new) momentums? 
what other headphones do you use?

First Momentums, but to my understanding there was no change to the sound signature in the revision. I also own the VS GR07 BE and the HD558, so not a huge inventory for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back