Over ear cans $200-300 for gaming/music
Dec 17, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #16 of 19
Cheers for the answers guys. Starting to realise that to get a more open soundstage a open can is the way to go, but the problem is that my listening position is right next to where the kids plays, so if a bit worried i would hear them more then the music.
There is always a trade off to be made with headphones. Closed backs with good soundstage is going to cost you much more than your budget.

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #17 of 19
There is always a trade off to be made with headphones. Closed backs with good soundstage is going to cost you much more than your budget.
Exactly haha, They do exist, just not for $300. I would say the Z7M2 has a damn good soundstage for a closed back. They can be imported for about $500 from Japan. I paid full retail for mine though and I find them to be worth that all day.

Dec 19, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #19 of 19
Modhouse Argon Mk3 is the closed headphone you really want... Modded Fostex TX0RP with excellent low end impact and extension, planar speed and detail with dynamic biodyna-like Fostex warmth and smooth and non-fatiguing sound, and excellent imaging with rather impressive soundstage - like a STAX Lambda. But can you properly power them for music is the question.... they really like warm amps rated with WATTS of power capability to sound their best. For gaming they are okay straight from an Xbox Elite controller via Vmoda Boom PRO cable, better through a more capable amp though.

https://www.modhouseaudio.com/argon-mk3/

To step up from the Argon requires something really special near the $1k+ range or a STAX driven off a powerful and warm leaning rig - which will cost quite a bit more than $1k... I prefer the Argon Mk3 to ANY Audeze or dynamic driver Sennheiser....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back