1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Output/ Input help

1. dwang040
    So I'm a little confused as to how I should wire up everything for my DAC, amp, headphone, and powered/ active speakers.

My uDac3 would connect to my pc, and the uDac's optical out would connect to the Magni 3's optical in. Headphone goes into headphone jack. But where would I connect my powered speakers? Would I hook them up to the Magni's optical out? Or would I need one of these (https://introprose.myshopify.com/products/rigid-y-cross-connect-v3-for-schiit-stack)?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. Oscar-HiFi
    Magni does not have optical input...

You would have PC into uDAC3, then take the RCA output (red and white) out of that into the Magni 3 inputs. Then you would run additional RCA out of the outputs of the Magni 3 into your active speakers.

3. dwang040
    Oops. I did not mean optical. Was talking about that earlier and confused my inputs/ outputs. Thank for the info and help.

4. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    I'm almost as confused as you are. What optical input/output?
    Magni3_RR_1920.jpg

Speakers go into the RCA preamped output pair, orange box. A DAC like the Modi2 goes into the input RCA pair to the left in the image.
    Magni3_RR_1920_Edited.jpg

That's for adding another amplifier with its own preamp circuit, like another headphone amp (not sure why anyone would use two) or a speaker integrated amp while keeping the Modi and Magni hooked up electronically and physically together.

5. dwang040
    Okay. Thank you for the clarification!