outlook of this site
Nov 26, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #16 of 24
I took a break from this site for awhile and have been poking around again - I find it much harder to find what I want on the front page (the basic forums) than I used to, because of the emphasis on sponsor links (whether links to websites or sponsor forums). I imagine there is a better way to reconcile the need for revenue (which is real) with user-friendliness. If I were coming to this site for the first time, and hadn't seen this site in its prior incarnation, I might be put off a bit by the clutter and not give it much of a shot - I wouldn't figure that there was such a wealth of non-sponsor content and opinion available inside.

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #18 of 24
you can do those searches you just need to use the advanced search function located under search in the main menu bar at the top of the page vs. the quick search.

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #20 of 24
Searching for and finding what you are looking for is really too difficult. I can see how that can be alleviated somewhat by standardizing post titles with some nomenclature for reviews and such so that searching for those will be easier to find. Thats really all I would like to have fixed.

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #22 of 24
I rarely have problems. I rarely go to the home page though. I usually look at my subscriptions and new posts. Once I discovered that way to navigate, I've never gone into a specific forum. It's too easy to miss an interesting thread. The New Posts link gives you all threads that have new posts since your last access. IMO it's the best way to navigate.

Search isn't too bad if you're a contributor because you get boolean functions. Google search helps too.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a business. Sponsors pay money to advertise.

If there are no sponsors pays money, how could you keep this forum operation alive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back