Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator
Oct 14, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #796 of 1,284
  Hi @krismusic ,

I assume you are talking about an iOS or Android version of the Out Of Your Head software. (Not being able to do your own measurements...)

Yes, we have always planned to have a version of Out Of Your Head for mobile devices. In fact, we have been promising to release an Android and iOS version for years. (Yikes, good thing we didn't go with crowd funding for this one. 
biggrin.gif
)

Like many products, we thought it would be a lot less difficult than it has been. However, while I hesitate to make any more promises, we are making good progress. But I know how long it takes to get from the prototype phase to a final release version.
We are definitely working on it.
-Darin

I am going to be ecstatic when OOYH is released on Android. Watching movies on my phone will take a huge leap in enjoyment.

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #797 of 1,284
  Hi Kris, you can record your OOYH playback and save it onto your iphone using an analogue to digital converter or another software solution
Trev

Yes, in fact, the best way is to do it digitally through software only. You don't need an ADC or digital outputs from your computer, etc.

Here's the instructions for using Audacity on Windows to record the output from Out Of Your Head:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/689299/out-of-your-head-new-virtual-surround-simulator/30#post_9986088

Here's the instructions for using Audacity on the Mac:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/689299/out-of-your-head-new-virtual-surround-simulator/315#post_11126817

The biggest issue is that it's real-time and you have to manually start/stop the recording and then cut and rename/tag the resulting files. That can be a little bit of a pain if you want to cut each individual song.

-Darin

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #798 of 1,284
For some reason My license key for OOFH no longer works. I upgraded to the a never version of OFYH but decided I didn't like it so I reinstalled the older software version and while initially it worked for few weeks when I downgraded, all of a sudden my license is no longer bring recognized as being valid. I sent you an email Darin explaining the situation further.

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #799 of 1,284
  For some reason My license key for OOFH no longer works. I upgraded to the a never version of OFYH but decided I didn't like it so I reinstalled the older software version and while initially it worked for few weeks when I downgraded, all of a sudden my license is no longer bring recognized as being valid. I sent you an email Darin explaining the situation further.

Thanks @Paradigm, I just sent you an e-mail. Hopefully the new license file will work.

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #800 of 1,284
Hi Kris, you can record your OOYH playback and save it onto your iphone using an analogue to digital converter or another software solution
Trev

Yes, in fact, the best way is to do it digitally through software only. You don't need an ADC or digital outputs from your computer, etc.

Here's the instructions for using Audacity on Windows to record the output from Out Of Your Head:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/689299/out-of-your-head-new-virtual-surround-simulator/30#post_9986088

Here's the instructions for using Audacity on the Mac:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/689299/out-of-your-head-new-virtual-surround-simulator/315#post_11126817

The biggest issue is that it's real-time and you have to manually start/stop the recording and then cut and rename/tag the resulting files. That can be a little bit of a pain if you want to cut each individual song.

-Darin

This sounds like a good solution. Unfortunately, 1) my computer skills are poor. 2) my computer is archaic and basic.
Either I have to upskill myself hugely or wait for an app where miracles happen at the touch of a button!
I'm afraid that it will be the later but thanks for the info.

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #801 of 1,284
  Thanks @Paradigm, I just sent you an e-mail. Hopefully the new license file will work.

Thank you Darin for your prompt response. The new License is working and I can't tell you how appreciative I am to see how well you treat and service your customers. I feel naked without OFYH and honestly wouldn't be able to watch any movies without it since I have to use headphones as I live in an apartment with a roommate. Your software has been one of the best investments I have ever made. 

Also please check your email when you have time there is a slight error in the generation file.

Oct 20, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #802 of 1,284
Couple questions about this:

1. Can I use this software in JRiver to play movie files with 7.1 dts-hd codex? JRiver itself will not decode this signal. How about other HD-level multichannel codex?
2. Which speaker package is good for cinema action movies with excellent impact and subbass rumble?
3. Can JRiver Parametric EQ still be used when using this software?

Thanks!

Edit: Added 3rd question.

Oct 20, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #803 of 1,284
  Couple questions about this:

1. Can I use this software in JRiver to play movie files with 7.1 dts-hd codex? JRiver itself will not decode this signal. How about other HD-level multichannel codex?
2. Which speaker package is good for cinema action movies with excellent impact and subbass rumble?
3. Can JRiver Parametric EQ still be used when using this software?

Thanks!

Edit: Added 3rd question.

Hi @bavinck ,
Thanks for posting.

To answer your questions:

1) The current version of JRiver supports decoding all HD audio codecs from Blu-Ray sources. Older versions of JRiver required the user to download a third party DTS decoder library.
Here's the page with this information: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Blu-ray

HD Audio

Media Center is capable decoding the full range of audio codecs used on commercial Blu-ray Discs itself, while preserving their full bitrate and audio bit depth. This includes HD audio codecs such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, which MC can read and decompress losslessly.

We recommend that you use Media Center to decode HD audio because this gives you access to the full power of MC's audio engine, including VideoClockDSPs, and MC's powerful Volume system.

Please Note: Versions of MC prior to 20.0.100 did not include the LAV DTS decoder capable of decoding DTS-HD Master Audio. For older versions of MC, please see the Arcsoft DTS Decoder article.

You can check that TrueHD or DTS-HD is being decoded properly using Audio Path.

2) My personal opinion is that the Magico speakers tend to have a lot of bass for movies. I also like the recording studios or home theater presets since they are in more damped and calibrated rooms.

3) In JRiver, you can apply any of their DSP functions to the audio before it is sent to Out Of Your Head for processing. You can use their EQ, channel up-conversion, etc. (Just don't use any of their headphone processing functions as that will sound really strange when compounded on top of Out Of Your Head.)

-Darin

Oct 20, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #804 of 1,284
Thanks. I am currently using a trial version of jriver and it does not seem to play movies with an hd audio signal (dts hd or true Dolby) could it be the trial version does not have all the codecs?

Oct 20, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #805 of 1,284
Thanks. I am currently using a trial version of jriver and it does not seem to play movies with an hd audio signal (dts hd or true Dolby) could it be the trial version does not have all the codecs?

I don't think is has features disabled in the trial version. You could ask them.

What are you using as a source? An actual Blu-Ray disk? Or a ripped file from a Blu-Ray? With ripped files, sometimes the audio is not preserved properly. It just depends on what software you are using to rip the files.

Oct 20, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #806 of 1,284
Hi. Periodically I try to send an upmixed multichannel signal into OOYH. I don't like JRiver's bulit in upmixing option, so I use professional plugins. This time I'm working with Nugen's Halo upmixing plugin. However, I can't seem to find a multichannel host that will load the plugin and send 5.1 or 7.1 to OOYH.

Does anyone know of a plugin host that can do multichannel on a Mac? I have Audiohijack but it also seems only to output in stereo.  

Thanks!

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #807 of 1,284
Getting a windows i/o error message when loading OOYH. Get what sounds like bells repeatedly ringing, which eventually stop. Setting jriver to output to default device (set as dac in windows) and no sound is coming through. I don't see an option in jriver to "output mode settings/device". Help?

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #808 of 1,284
  Getting a windows i/o error message when loading OOYH. Get what sounds like bells repeatedly ringing, which eventually stop. Setting jriver to output to default device (set as dac in windows) and no sound is coming through. I don't see an option in jriver to "output mode settings/device". Help?

In the notes on the download e-mail is a link to a work-around for this bug:
https://fongaudio.com/work-around-for-out-of-your-head-ooyh-output-error-bug/

Sorry about the bug.

-Darin

P.S. In JRiver, just leave it set to output to the Window's default playback device. Then Out Of Your Head will automatically switch for you when you launch Out Of Your Head.

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #809 of 1,284
That did the trick, working great.

Holy cow man, this is AMAZEBALLS!!!! I cannot believe it sounds like this!!!

I want to buy this and ALL the presets. Can I still get the $300 deal for everything???

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #810 of 1,284
  That did the trick, working great.

Holy cow man, this is AMAZEBALLS!!!! I cannot believe it sounds like this!!!

I want to buy this and ALL the presets. Can I still get the $300 deal for everything???

Glad you got it working and glad you like it!

Yes, the RMAF/CanJam show special is going on until midnight PST tonight: $75 for a license with one preset. $300 for a license and a license for all 27 presets.

Send an e-mail to us: info-at-fongaudio.com

-Darin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back