Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator
Apr 6, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #886 of 1,284
  Hi @Sound Eq,

Unfortunately the way our licensing works, you cannot transfer the license to another computer yourself. The scenario you speak of would require a license server of some kind to manage a "floating" license. For Out Of Your Head we didn't want to require the user to be connected to the internet to run.

So our licenses are tied to a specific computer based on that computer's unique hardware ID (UUID value).

However, to license a 2nd or 3rd computer, you do not need to purchase a full, $149 license for each computer. You can install Out Of Your Head on the 2nd computer and just purchase a speaker preset license from that computer as long as you use the same e-mail address in the pop-up window and to login to our online store.

So essentially to license a 2nd computer with one preset, the cost is $25. Then you don't have to worry about installing and uninstalling every time you want to use the other computer.

Another note, if you ever change your hardware or get a new computer, you can e-mail us your new UUID value from the new computer and we can transfer your license to work with the new computer and deactivate your old license. 

I hope that's clearer.

-Darin

can i ask how can i know what each preset sounds like before purchasing

also I assume if i buy today I will buy it for 99 usd per the online offer with discount code  am I right 

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #887 of 1,284

also I assume if i buy today I will buy it for 99 usd per the online offer with discount code  am I right 

Download the trial version. It gives you access to all of the presets available with the restriction that it only lets you listen for 2 minutes at a time. You can test them all out before you buy the full version to see which preset you want or if there are additional ones you want to purchase.

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #888 of 1,284

When you download the trial version from our website, it will install all the speaker presets.
In trial mode, you can listen/try each preset for 2 minutes at a time. After two minutes, the sound will stop and a window will pop-up to purchase a license.

However the 2 minute timer is reset every time you switch presets, so if you switch presets before the two minute timer is up, then the window will not pop-up and the sound will not stop.

Also, the first preset, the Gamer Preset, will give you a one time 7-day trial. This way you can test Out Of Your Head with games more easily. After the 7 days, it reverts back to regular trial mode with the 2 minute timer.

The trial mode never expires on any of the presets, so even if you buy a preset license, all the other presets are still there for you to try.

Yes, if you buy today and use the coupon code, then your cost for an Out Of Your Head license with one preset of your choice is $99.

Here's the post which lists our CanJam SoCal show specials: http://www.head-fi.org/t/822835/canjam-socal-2017-april-8-9-2017/420#post_13402087

-Darin

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #889 of 1,284
  When you download the trial version from our website, it will install all the speaker presets.
In trial mode, you can listen/try each preset for 2 minutes at a time. After two minutes, the sound will stop and a window will pop-up to purchase a license.

However the 2 minute timer is reset every time you switch presets, so if you switch presets before the two minute timer is up, then the window will not pop-up and the sound will not stop.

Also, the first preset, the Gamer Preset, will give you a one time 7-day trial. This way you can test Out Of Your Head with games more easily. After the 7 days, it reverts back to regular trial mode with the 2 minute timer.

The trial mode never expires on any of the presets, so even if you buy a preset license, all the other presets are still there for you to try.

Yes, if you buy today and use the coupon code, then your cost for an Out Of Your Head license with one preset of your choice is $99.

Here's the post which lists our CanJam SoCal show specials: http://www.head-fi.org/t/822835/canjam-socal-2017-april-8-9-2017/420#post_13402087

-Darin

can i ask which is the most bought preset

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #890 of 1,284
  can i ask which is the most bought preset

While the sales of the presets seems to be somewhat evenly spread out, there are a few presets which seem to be bought the most.

Based on the number of sales, the top three most popular are:

• Genelec Recording Studio
  • Revel Ultima
  • Acoustic Zen

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #891 of 1,284
  While the sales of the presets seems to be somewhat evenly spread out, there are a few presets which seem to be bought the most.

• Genelec Recording Studio
  • Revel Ultima
  • Acoustic Zen

Don't forget the B&W 802d3's :wink:

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #892 of 1,284

1. Genelec Recording Studio
  2. Revel Ultima
  3. Acoustic Zen
I don't find that surprising, I find the Genelec preset to be the best for general music listening and games. I've got all of the presets from a previous deal and really enjoy trying different ones out with different tracks.

It also depends which headphones I'm using. I found with the Sony MDR-Z1R some presets had too much bass, but the Genelec preset was perfect. On my Hifiman HE-1000v2 the presets with more powerful bass sound great. Some also seem to have different loudness at the same volume on my amp, so need turned up more.

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #894 of 1,284
i need more help as i am bit confused

here is my setup

computer==== yulong 100 dac/amp====audeze lcd2---------     using jriver as player

now in jriver when i go to tools---options---audio device what shall i choose yulong or out of head , also why are there 2 out of head one has 16 bit waspi and the other no 16 bit, also shall I change playback configuration source format  so that all files play 48khz in jriver . 
Now on the computer playback device shall I choose yulong or out of headalso why are there 2 out of head choices

finally do i open out of head first then I open jriver to listen to music, and should i hear changes in different presets just by having them highlighted

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #895 of 1,284
  i need more help as i am bit confused

here is my setup

computer==== yulong 100 dac/amp====audeze lcd2---------     using jriver as player

now in jriver when i go to tools---options---audio device what shall i choose yulong or out of head , also why are there 2 out of head one has 16 bit waspi and the other no 16 bit, also shall I change playback configuration source format  so that all files play 48khz in jriver . 
Now on the computer playback device shall I choose yulong or out of headalso why are there 2 out of head choices

finally do i open out of head first then I open jriver to listen to music, and should i hear changes in different presets just by having them highlighted

HI @Sound Eq,

No problem.

In JRiver, the best way to configure the audio settings is to go to Tools/Options//Audio/Audio Device and set it to "Default Audio Device [Direct Sound]".
This way when you launch Out Of Your Head, JRiver will automatically output to the Out Of Your Head Virtual Audio Device.
Then when you exit Out Of Your Head, JRiver will output to whatever device you have selected in Windows Control Panel/Sound/Playback Devices.

Then in the Out Of Your Head Control Panel, in the right column, you would select your Yulong DAC/amp as your output device.

So your signal path should be:

JRiver --> Out Of Your Head Virtual Audio Device --> Yulong DAC/amp --> headphones

The reason why there are two Out Of Your Head Virtual Audio Devices is that on is 16-bit only. You should never have to use the 16-bit device. (It was originally created for use with ROON from Roon Labs. but  the new version of ROON now supports 24-bit)

It shouldn't matter what order you launch JRiver vs. Out Of Your Head.

But when both are running, play some audio in JRiver.
Then in the Out Of Your Head Control Panel you should see the green audio level meters moving showing you that audio is being routed properly from JRiver to Out Of Your Head.
You should then be hearing the processed audio through your Yulong DAC/amp as long as it is selected as the output device in the Out Of Your Head Control Panel.

As you single-click on each of the speaker presets in the Out Of Your Head Control Panel, you should hear a difference in the sound of the virtual speakers and rooms.
You can also click the Bypass check box so you can hear the sound with and without the Out Of Your Head processing.

We also recommend playing a stereo audio file and muting either the left or right channel by clicking on the Speaker icons for each of the input channels in the Out Of Your Head Control Panel.
The reason for doing this is so that you can hear just one virtual speaker at a time. When you play audio just through one "speaker", it's easier for your brain to figure out where the speaker is in front of you. This helps "train" your brain to hear the virtual speaker. It can be a little disconcerting at first since there is no actual speaker in front of you.

However, if you do have some speakers that you can sit in front of (turned off of course!), this can really help your brain believe that the sound is coming from the speakers even though it's not.

Let us know if you need any more help getting Out Of Your Head working on your system.

Thanks,
-Darin

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #896 of 1,284
Where my Magico Q3 lovers at?
*raises hand*
biggrin.gif

The one that suits me best is also the Magico Q3 !

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #897 of 1,284
Great i will give it a try when i am home tonight as yesterday i could not get it to work. I hope i will be able to make it work so i get the discount promo benefit

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #898 of 1,284
I'm an AZen Adiago Plus guy myself.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #899 of 1,284
  The one that suits me best is also the Magico Q3 !

Actually now that I've played around some more with the presets, I'm not so sure anymore... I just can't choose between:
 to my ears, 
   Magico Q3 - most convincing speaker in a medium sized room sound. most presence best with vocals.
   Revel Ultima - for songs that need more soundstage width and depth, sounds like a very large rooms, lots of reverb.
   PBN Audio Sammy - most convincing real life sound, has a lot of soundstage depth, sounds like you're outside or just have minimal wall reflections. Great for movies. Does seem to be quieter than    the others.

Ahh, I don't need them all.. I don't..   

Does anyone have similar thoughts?
I feel like I'm leaning towards the PBN though.. Any love for the PBN Audio Sammys?

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #900 of 1,284
@darinf

I purchased Out Of You Head last week while the sale was going on. I downloaded the license for the preset I chose, and everything was working fine. Today I was trying to watch some of my Plex content and it was cutting the audio and popping up the dialog to purchase the preset that I already purchased last week. In the preset list there is still a little certificate looking icon to the right of the AZen Adagio Plus plus license I chose, so it looks like the program still acknowledges that I licensed it. I've tried restarting Out Of Your Head and that didn't fix it. Any ideas about what I should do? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back