out of the 3 amps what do i get
Jan 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

green6poop

New Head-Fier
 Audinst HUD-mx1, Total Bithead, HI-FI Man EF2A,or the Fiio e9 e07k combination. I'm leaning towards the e9 because I can use my ipod and computer but I don't know.By the way I'm planning on use a HE-400 An opinion would be helpful. oops four amps 

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
 Audinst HUD-mx1, Total Bithead, HI-FI Man EF2A,or the Fiio e9 e07k combination. I'm leaning towards the e9 because I can use my ipod and computer but I don't know.By the way I'm planning on use a HE-400 An opinion would be helpful. 

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

None of the above?

Look at:

JDS Labs ODAC & O2
Schiit Modi & Mangi

Very best,

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 7
you actually listed 5 amps

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 7
Whats your budget?  What kind of sound are you looking for?
The magni/modi stack is a cheap amp/dac combo thats been getting good reviews here on head-fi.  Not really portable though, if that's what your looking for.  The O2 is basically as good as it's gonna get in it's price range.  It's popular for it's very neutral sound and for having basically no background noise, allowing you to here the music the way it was meant to be heard. At least thats the way an audiophile would put it I think.  In normal terms, it's a good amp.

Imo, if your looking for portable and at home use: O2 amp
If your looking for just at home use I would get the Magni amp and Modi dac, together are about $200.  While the o2+odac are like $285. Either option is a good one, I suggest doing a little more research on both before buying.  Good research=good choices.  I've been an avid reader of this website for the past two years to help choose my audio equipment (which I'm very happy with), and only just made an account the other day :) Research pays off.

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #6 of 7
I could recommend the EF2A since it takes a lot of the hassle out of setting a system up.  The integrated DAC lets you slide in.  You can always upgrade it later.  Of course the Schiit-y combo of Magni/Modi will serve you better in the long run. 

Since this is the HE400 we are talking about... I don't think you'll be taking it out much.  I recommend you get a stationary setup.  I'd recommend looking through the respective threads to get a better idea.  I know the Schiit and HiFiMAN EF2A have expansive threads. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #7 of 7
how does the audio engine d1 premium compare to these? by the way i listen to alot of rock like tool chevelle deftones nine inch nails korn three days grace linkin park and some electronic music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back