Our first ever planar magnetic can, VENUS is up for pre order
Nov 6, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #32 of 81
From a product strategy perspective, I would be eager for more information from Moondrop about what the difference is between the Venus and other headphones in this general category (Edition XS and Ananda being the most obvious competitors, but there is also stiff competition from the used market where excellent headphones like the Aeon 2, Clear, LCD-X, 109 Pro etc can be had for the same price)? Are there specific design targets / benchmarks for the Venus or is it just supposed to be planar design and cheaper than the competition? Are there any non-sonic selling points of the Venus (comfort, easy to drive, folds up into a one-inch cube, etc.)? It looks like the Venus uses some unique technology which is great, but I'm not quite sure what that translates to from a macro product perspective. Definitely looks like the product represents a good value though if it can come anywhere close to the performance of headphones like the Clear, LCD-X or Aeon 2 that are several hundred more expensive.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #33 of 81
From a product strategy perspective, I would be eager for more information from Moondrop about what the difference is between the Venus and other headphones in this general category (Edition XS and Ananda being the most obvious competitors, but there is also stiff competition from the used market where excellent headphones like the Aeon 2, Clear, LCD-X, 109 Pro etc can be had for the same price)? Are there specific design targets / benchmarks for the Venus or is it just supposed to be planar design and cheaper than the competition? Are there any non-sonic selling points of the Venus (comfort, easy to drive, folds up into a one-inch cube, etc.)? It looks like the Venus uses some unique technology which is great, but I'm not quite sure what that translates to from a macro product perspective. Definitely looks like the product represents a good value though if it can come anywhere close to the performance of headphones like the Clear, LCD-X or Aeon 2 that are several hundred more expensive.
I'm tempted, but your post brought me back to reality. Getting these in the hands of a few credible reviewers to attest to the technology would provide potential customers a point of reference.

Nov 6, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #35 of 81
Nov 7, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #36 of 81
AECD86AA-B785-48A8-AE88-D126B9D5FB23.jpeg

Looks good but these protrusions will scratch someone’s fat head.

Nov 7, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #37 of 81
that look is convincing enough
at least it will be on same tier (or shelf) as peacock 820 or empy I guess

Nov 7, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #39 of 81
Nov 7, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #40 of 81
Moondrop Planar Magnetic.jpeg

Nov 7, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #42 of 81
Very strong design, at least on photos these look better than many, if not most totl cans. Moondrop has one of the strongest design departments in the industry. Congratulations!

Nov 8, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #43 of 81
@MOONDROP , @koudairanger , I am using the IEMs and Headphones shown in my signature, as well as the DAC/Amps shown there.
I am listening to Amazon Music Unlimited, YouTube and a few FLAC and WAV files of my own. I am using my Android phone as my source. Sometimes, rarely, my laptop.
I am listening to Electronica 85% of my time, the rest all other genres besides Classical.

Is the Venus for me?
Please, pay attention to the emphasised text.

Thank you.
@MOONDROP , @koudairanger ?

Nov 8, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #45 of 81
Very strong design, at least on photos these look better than many, if not most totl cans. Moondrop has one of the strongest design departments in the industry. Congratulations!
The Void and Alice are a bit of a miss in my books. The Kato looks outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back