ouija boards experiences
Aug 24, 2010 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

kool bubba ice

Headphoneus Supremus
I bought one in 97... They say you need at least two people, preferablly a male/female. I never contacted anyone, nor did the glass indicator move to letters.. But something weird did happen.. Could be a total coincidence, but one day after using it, every place I went a light went out.. A light went out at my house.. A light went out at the DR's office... A light went out at my friends house.. All burned out bulbs?? Shook me a bit.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #2 of 36
don't mess w/ this unless you REALLY know what you're doing, and have ways to protect yourself. Evil spirits will be more than happy to mess you up mentally.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 36
You have to wonder how "supernatural" a Ouija board can be if they sell it in Toys 'R Us. If spirits, evil or otherwise, want to contact you, they are going to do so regardless of whether or not you attempt to do so first.

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #5 of 36
leeperry:
don't mess w/ this unless you REALLY know what you're doing,

I agree. Past ouija excurssion still haunt me. Once I tried to contact a demon that haunted my girlfriend. People told me to leave it alone, but I didn't believe in such fantasy and taunted it. That thing almost killed us! There is a video record I kept while we slept, if anyone is interested.

Play it safe. Fire up Chutes and Ladders instead.

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 36
I've not experienced any paranormal activities, nor would I seek any. I wouldn't mess with a Ouija board.

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #9 of 36

Quote:
You have to wonder how "supernatural" a Ouija board can be if they sell it in Toys 'R Us. If spirits, evil or otherwise, want to contact you, they are going to do so regardless of whether or not you attempt to do so first.

The rules suggest they'll leave you alone unless you initiate things.
Eh, a Ouija board is easily manipulated, and some take it way too seriously. Enough reason to steer away.

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #10 of 36
My ouija didn't work 
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #11 of 36
Go listen to Mars Volta - the Bedlam In Goliath.

It's supposed to have this kind of experience in its DNA.

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #13 of 36
My parents told me a story about this board as a young kid.. Both seemed really frightened.. I was skeptical.. & kept asking them.. Did that really happen. They said yes in all seriousness.. They were playing with the board & claim the board jumped off the table.. They were so scared they burned it in the fire place.. Take it as you will.. Was it moved subconsciously cause they wanted it to? Was it a super natural force? Where they lying to me? My parents have always been upfront with me.. Minus the time my father got VD.. But another story..

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #14 of 36

Quote:
My parents told me a story about this board as a young kid.. Both seemed really frightened.. I was skeptical.. & kept asking them.. Did that really happen. They said yes in all seriousness.. They were playing with the board & claim the board jumped off the table.. They were so scared they burned it in the fire place.. Take it as you will.. Was it moved subconsciously cause they wanted it to? Was it a super natural force? Where they lying to me? My parents have always been upfront with me.. Minus the time my father got VD.. But another story..

No matter what hypothesis of the experience you adhere to, I don't think they are lying. No matter whether it was a supernatural force or ideomotor effect, the experience was real for them, and personally any of the alternatives is kind of frightening in their own way.

On a personal note, I wouldn't try a ouija session because its kind of a lose-lose situation, either its a dangerous spiritual experience or it is kind of inconsequential from an skeptic view, kind of the opposite of Pascal's Wager. But that doesn't mean it would not be interesting to do it, or to read other people's experiences.
inconsequential

Users who are viewing this thread

Back