ouch , my ears hurt - ATH-ES7
Oct 1, 2008 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kaktusdigital

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

After trying on a pair of Ath-es7's, i loved the sound (especially the bass) but because they are supra-aural, my ears just can't stand the pressure (even with the headband mod). I really need something super light and comfortable like the AKG Kseries.
Can anyone reccomend something that has the same level of bass response within the $150AUD-$250AUD price range? I tried the At-a500's recently, while I thought they had a wonderful clean sound, I found them lacking in the bass. They are for a work environment, so closed is preferable - (I hear some closed models leak a very large amount of noise as well?) Any help much appreciated!

Regards,
Henry

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Hey Henry,

I think i might be in the same boat as you! - i have the es7s which i can't stand wearing for more than an hour and im looking for a more comfortable headphone(circumaural)

i was actually thinking of getting the A500s, but due to it being $185AUD in the shops(audiocubes sell them for $150AUD online) and bad reviews on its cheap pleather pads, im thinking otherwise

haha hopefully someone helps us out hey

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 7
Dont go with the denons or the A500s if you need isolation.

Id say look for the HD25s from sennheiser, Great isolation and bass. Also a very durable pair of cans.

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shingetsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont go with the denons or the A500s if you need isolation.

Id say look for the HD25s from sennheiser, Great isolation and bass. Also a very durable pair of cans.

the HD25s are supra-aural as well. From memory the A series AT phones roughly leak as much sound in and out as the Denons do. so going for the D2000s doesn't seem like a bad idea if you thought the A500 had decent levels of isolation.

Nov 3, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #7 of 7
Just decided to bump this thread, did you end up finding a suitable pair of cans, kaktusdigital?

I ended up getting the AD500. Its open but i only use them at home so its fine and boy, are they comfy
smily_headphones1.gif
Especially compared to the es7s

Are the A500s really that bad at isolation?? And they leak out sound aswell?? I thought they'd do ok..seeing that they're closed and all.. haha well lucky i didn't get them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back