Ottawa Region 2015 Head-fi Meet - Respond here
Mar 27, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #181 of 275
Thanks guys.  Her name is Madison.  I'm on another short break from the hospital.  She had a good case of Jaundice, and has been under a low intensity UV lamp for the last 36 hours or so.  Not the most fun way to kick things off, but hey, what can you do?  She has been remarkably quite actually.  It's our neighbors that have made sleep an issue.  Also, what can you do?  Well, fingers crossed that she's coming home tonight.  We still have to sort through all sorts of pictures, but I'll find a few to throw up once things settle down.

Mar 28, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #182 of 275
Thanks guys.  Her name is Madison.  I'm on another short break from the hospital.  She had a good case of Jaundice, and has been under a low intensity UV lamp for the last 36 hours or so.  Not the most fun way to kick things off, but hey, what can you do?  She has been remarkably quite actually.  It's our neighbors that have made sleep an issue.  Also, what can you do?  Well, fingers crossed that she's coming home tonight.  We still have to sort through all sorts of pictures, but I'll find a few to throw up once things settle down.
Beautiful name, I'm glad she's recovering remarkably best of luck in the new road in your life! I hear it's an amazing one cherish the times you have cause it's going to be quick!! Let us know when you got time (which you probably won't for awhile lol) still down for that mini meet bro!

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #183 of 275
Don't let the hospital quietness fool you! Yes Madison is a very pretty name. Hope your all home safe and sound soon.

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #184 of 275
Well, we all got home last night finally.  She was pretty good up till we tried putting her to bed, then things went pretty much as expected.  Still managed to get some sleep though.  When she finally crashed, it was for a few good hours.  Still, it's like everybody has told me.  There's nothing like it in the world, and it's all worth it.

Mini meet?  Argh. Gonna be at least a week, and even that's uncertain till things settle down into something resembling a routine.  I'd say don't wait up for me if a good time comes up for you guys.

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #185 of 275
  Well, we all got home last night finally.  She was pretty good up till we tried putting her to bed, then things went pretty much as expected.  Still managed to get some sleep though.  When she finally crashed, it was for a few good hours.  Still, it's like everybody has told me.  There's nothing like it in the world, and it's all worth it.

Mini meet?  Argh. Gonna be at least a week, and even that's uncertain till things settle down into something resembling a routine.  I'd say don't wait up for me if a good time comes up for you guys.

But your part of the posse now, you have to be there! I'm sure we can wait for a time when a few hours seem possible for you. You're going to want to sleep when you get the chance. If she Madison gets colic like my daughter did then you enter the pain zone my friend!! You have grandparents here in the city don't you? If so that is always cool as they can come and give you two a break from time to time.

Mar 29, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #186 of 275
Hey guys any of you interested in the OPPO pm3? another thread on headfi is having a  loaner program. Basically you'd receive the set for a week and then pay for shipping to the next guy on the list. I requested them that maybe if we had a bunch of ottawa guys who were interested in this program that we could hand deliver to whoever was next in our city till the last guy has to ship it out of town. In which we would share the cost with the last guy to ship it.

example: 4 guys in ottawa want to borrow it for a week. cost of shipping is $20 to next city with tracking. So id hand deliver to X with $5, next guy same but with $10, and so on, so when last guy gets it he have $5 from each of us and handle the shipping.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/760203/oppo-pm-3-portable-planar-magnetic-headphones-loaner-program/45#post_11457340

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #187 of 275
I am interested in meeting with other Ottawa headfi members. I have been away from the scene for awhile, but am interested in seeing what Oppo has to offer for sure. My son and I helped build up the headphone meets in Montreal aligned with the HiFi show a few years back. After that he got married and I was content listening to my music, and did not lurk at headfi for a few yrs. Now I read that meet happens in Ottawa, count me in.

B

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #188 of 275
@bikeboy999 we'll certainly contact you. What part of the city do you live?

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #189 of 275
I am interested in meeting with other Ottawa headfi members. I have been away from the scene for awhile, but am interested in seeing what Oppo has to offer for sure. My son and I helped build up the headphone meets in Montreal aligned with the HiFi show a few years back. After that he got married and I was content listening to my music, and did not lurk at headfi for a few yrs. Now I read that meet happens in Ottawa, count me in.

B
Sounds great! If you could pm sonic defender your contact info, well contact you when we sort time and date.

Btw mark im down whenever.

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #190 of 275
Sounds great! If you could pm sonic defender your contact info, well contact you when we sort time and date.

Btw mark im down whenever.

Cool, I'm thinking a early July meet might be good.

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #191 of 275
By the way, listening to a PHA 3 driving the Z7, sounds really good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back