OTG dongle not working with Android 12
Oct 21, 2022 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Carrow

500+ Head-Fier
Hi! So I finally got an Android 12 update pushed to my OnePlus CE 2 Nord last night. One major issue I'm having is that I've been unable to use my dongle DAC (Ovidius B1) with the phone since. On the previous version I was able to flick it on in settings and it'd start outputting audio but doing this no longer works. More frustrating is I can see the display flickering on and off, showing that it is working as intended, but there's no audio output. Not sure how to fix this so wondering if HF may have some answers. Thanks!

Oct 21, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 14
I have a V60 with Android 12 and strange issues with the HiBy FC4 on Tidal. It prompts to allow the device but playback is not correct... Tempo is sped up on all songs. In my case, HiBy said it's Tidal but since YouTube playback is also impacted, I think it's Android.

Oct 21, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #3 of 14
I have a V60 with Android 12 and strange issues with the HiBy FC4 on Tidal. It prompts to allow the device but playback is not correct... Tempo is sped up on all songs. In my case, HiBy said it's Tidal but since YouTube playback is also impacted, I think it's Android.
I'll try a full-size amp later but if there's a fix in the meantime I'd be open to hearing it!

Oct 22, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #4 of 14
yeah my Tempotec Sonata iDSD Plus has no problem. I think it's an Android 12 thing.

edit: wait, my Periodic Rhodium works fine?!? very confused

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 14
Hi! So I finally got an Android 12 update pushed to my OnePlus CE 2 Nord last night. One major issue I'm having is that I've been unable to use my dongle DAC (Ovidius B1) with the phone since. On the previous version I was able to flick it on in settings and it'd start outputting audio but doing this no longer works. More frustrating is I can see the display flickering on and off, showing that it is working as intended, but there's no audio output. Not sure how to fix this so wondering if HF may have some answers. Thanks!
I have OnePlus 8t and it doesn't detect any dac except the ifi Hipdac.

Oct 23, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #7 of 14
I have the same issue but in my case the tempo was slow. I have the problem only with the tidal app, with the usbpro app and hiby music app I haven't any issues. I send back my fc4 and they send me a new one but the issue with the tidal app remains the same. I have a Xiaomi f3 pro Poco.

Oct 23, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #8 of 14
I have the same issue but in my case the tempo was slow. I have the problem only with the tidal app, with the usbpro app and hiby music app I haven't any issues. I send back my fc4 and they send me a new one but the issue with the tidal app remains the same. I have a Xiaomi f3 pro Poco.
I spoke with HiBy via email and they said they've notified Tidal and it would be resolved in a Tidal update. But yes, HiBy Music works fine without issue for Tidal and local playback. I guess we have to rely on third party apps for these dongles sometimes.

The FC4 works perfectly fine on my Huawei Matepad with the Tidal app, so it's not universal.

Oct 24, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #9 of 14
Hello, I have the same problem with FC4 and Tidal or HiBy music. I am running on android 12 and if I allow the app to access to device (HiBy FC4), then app will crash, no sound or 1/2 sound speed. Working solution for me is: I dont allow the app to access to device (HiBy FC4) - I cancel only popup window but FC4 is working. If somebody knows how to solve this problem permanently, I will be happy to reading that.

Dec 18, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #12 of 14
FC4 is working for me with Tidal again, version 2.73.0.1094.9074 on an LG V60 running Android 12.

Dec 18, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #14 of 14
I had this playing speed issue at one point before I switched phones. Old one was a V60 but on T-Mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back