Orthodynamic Roundup
Apr 30, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #14,161 of 27,137
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurubhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hated those ebay pads on my T20v2. They make the mids sound un-ortho like & kill the bass.

Initially they did that for me too because they didn't provide an adequate seal, but the placement of thin foam from the front of dt990s did the trick until they wore in and there after were not needed.

That said my T20v2s are a bit over damped in relation to the typical procedure, and perhaps this has some baring.

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #14,162 of 27,137
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no BMF, what i've mean for the T20RP MK-II...
it's for my friend, not for me...
biggrin.gif

The pads are the same, you can still turn the flat pads over and and use the inside as the outside, there is just the sewing seam on the outer edge and it's not that noticeable.

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #14,165 of 27,137
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually it's flaking from the inside, that's why it need to be replace...
tongue.gif

Time to buy some leather! They are very simple pads. Would be difficult to pull one pair apart and use the pieces as patterns for a new set.

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #14,166 of 27,137
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kabeer, do we no longer get doobies when we use ludoo's search tool? I'm going to miss those...

woops that was sachu.
redface.gif
glad to know we still get rewards
beerchug.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #14,167 of 27,137
Quote:

woops that was sachu.
redface.gif
glad to know we still get rewards
beerchug.gif

tongue.gif
. I dont even know what a doobie is, we don't have any such things in England I think...

(Is anyone else itching for more LCD2 details? I think iv caught the Audeze bug)

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #14,168 of 27,137
yeah I can't really stop thinking about them to be honest! I already know what I'm gong to sell to make it possible, or at least more possible.

I wonder though, if it would be prudent to wait to make sure this is a final version? Sounds like Don likes it a lot as is though. And judging by don's excellent damping work on my T10's I think I like a damping that has slightly less treble and more full bodied, more bass than don, so these seem like a perfect match.

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #14,169 of 27,137
Quote:

yeah I can't really stop thinking about them to be honest! I already know what I'm gong to sell to make it possible, or at least more possible.

I wonder though, if it would be prudent to wait to make sure this is a final version? Sounds like Don likes it a lot as is though. And judging by don's excellent damping work on my T10's I think I like a damping that has slightly less treble and more full bodied, more bass than don, so these seem like a perfect match.

Me too, heh, Don has got me itching for it, (both damm you and thank you don lol
tongue.gif
).
Luckily I sold two headphones recently so...

This is the final version, I spoke to Alex last weekend, he is prepping for release, just getting the first batch ready.
I think the sound sig sounds like it might mate well with me too, lets see
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #14,171 of 27,137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Questa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why's there no love for HE5LE?

The list is a long one for me Donny. Hit me up off line if you want.

May 1, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #14,172 of 27,137
OK, so which of you douchebags just got those Fostex T20v1's on eBay? I had them for the first 6 days at 99 cents, and then I got home from work, today, to find that I lost by $1. Not cool, not cool at all, man XD

I hope their slightly imbalanced cord chokes you--but not before you share your impressions!

May 1, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #14,175 of 27,137
Have you tried it recently, or was that some time ago?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowe09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember my grandfather had Orthodynamic Headphones Fostex T50. As for me, it was good, not excellent but good, though. The sounds were balanced and the bass could be pronounced. very clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back