Orthodynamic Roundup
Dec 6, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #25,441 of 27,137
Yeah, the old Pro/ESP design is so, so horrible. Pretty much like zero fitment engineering, LOL! However, they definitely have a "wall of sound" quality to them, again, akin to my love of orthos I think Koss has been pulling the same effect with all of their Electrostats!

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #25,442 of 27,137
I do like my esp9s, with loudness enabled on my reciever. The high end is really nice, and the overall sound quality is very smooth, sort of how I might describe a planar. They just have a really nice, hard to describe toe-tapping quality to them. I think it's just the realistic imaging. Hell, I like my esp6 for the same reason, you just need a good source. Too bad they are so damn uncomfortable... The headband is a real nightmare.

Speaking of such things, a gem appeared on the bay, don't fight me for it, it's mine

Hmm, I just saw one today too that caught my attention. I hope we're not talking about the same headphone :wink:

Dec 7, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #25,443 of 27,137
Dec 7, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #25,446 of 27,137
i'm convinced its must be the other driver then

Well, I'm actually eyeing a few and only going for one my wallet can reach. There is one that I really don't wanna lose though.

I've heard of healthy competition but this is beyond that. :ksc75smile:

Dec 7, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #25,448 of 27,137
Ah crap we're all eyeing the same set. Maybe there's a civilized way to wage this war.

Headphone tour from whoever wins? :)

Edit: Kidding. It is a cool set that would be nerve wracking to send away to people. Kinda like how I feel with a few of my sets.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #25,449 of 27,137
Headphone tour from whoever wins? :)

Edit: Kidding. It is a cool set that would be nerve wracking to send away to people. Kinda like how I feel with a few of my sets.
Speaking on that - what pairs do you guys own that you wouldn't consider shipping just because they are fragile? I think my only set is the Victor hp-d70. The headband is just too prone to breaking.

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #25,450 of 27,137
Speaking on that - what pairs do you guys own that you wouldn't consider shipping just because they are fragile? I think my only set is the Victor hp-d70. The headband is just too prone to breaking.

Probably my T50v0 as I don't trust USPS too much with handling packages with care. Don't wanna end up trying to fix them again. I could always put a ton of bubble wrap but even with that, I would still be nervous.

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #25,451 of 27,137
pretty much all my vintage collection, not because they're too fragile but they are in fairly mint condition and it's hard to come by. toshiba hr 810, mb quart 85, pioneer se 700, pioneer se100j( this is in pretty bad shape but kinda hard to get in really cheap price )

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #25,452 of 27,137
Hmm.
Probably my T50v0 as I don't trust USPS too much with handling packages with care. Don't wanna end up trying to fix them again. I could always put a ton of bubble wrap but even with that, I would still be nervous.
I imagine that the t50 could probably survive getting knocked about, you just love it too much!
pretty much all my vintage collection, not because they're too fragile but they are in fairly mint condition and it's hard to come by. toshiba hr 810, mb quart 85, pioneer se 700, pioneer se100j( this is in pretty bad shape but kinda hard to get in really cheap price )
The aurex ones I've never seen on sale. I had the opportunity to pick up a rotel 930 recently, but passed on it. I really think that's a beautiful headphone though. Same with the se700. Beautiful, but probably not for me.
Is the 85 the goofy looking mini float? Is the Se100j the same as an se100? I have one of those- the adapter box is quite handsome.

Well dudes, Here's the deal. If you guys want to join forces, we could potentially pass the "gem" around a few times. I was thinking perhaps that we consider what in our own collection we might consider trading for it. So I would consider trading "Something Rare" like my Toshiba HR-F1, pioneer monitor 10ii in the box, or "Something Tasty" like my Fostex t10, t20v0, ath-1 and 2 in boxes. Nothing set in stone, just spitballing here.
edit* I love my t10, tbh I really wouldn't want to trade it :D

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #25,453 of 27,137
Sorry, I know this is off topic, but what are the ear pad dimensions of the Aurex/Rotel electrets?

Dec 7, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #25,454 of 27,137
The aurex ones I've never seen on sale. I had the opportunity to pick up a rotel 930 recently, but passed on it. I really think that's a beautiful headphone though. Same with the se700. Beautiful, but probably not for me.
Is the 85 the goofy looking mini float? Is the Se100j the same as an se100? I have one of those- the adapter box is quite handsome.

Well dudes, Here's the deal. If you guys want to join forces, we could potentially pass the "gem" around a few times. I was thinking perhaps that we consider what in our own collection we might consider trading for it. So I would consider trading "Something Rare" like my Toshiba HR-F1, pioneer monitor 10ii in the box, or "Something Tasty" like my Fostex t10, t20v0, ath-1 and 2 in boxes. Nothing set in stone, just spitballing here.

it is beautiful looking headphone :D also good sounding at least for me. it's hard to drive though. both hr810 and se700 also both probably lack of bass for some people. yes 85 is the one with float frame, single dynamic driver. i think se100j is the same with se100, i just look at the brochure it's called se100j, yes it's coming with adapter box, electret headphone.

that's very tempting actually, i should've keep some of my collections for the trade, at least i think you guys probably interested with leak 3000. but for my current collections, i don't have a thought to trade or sell it.but i'll definitely inform you if i want to sell or trade some of my vintage collections

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but what are the ear pad dimensions of the Aurex/Rotel electrets?

i don't know about the other models but for aurex hr810/ rotel 930 it's 80mm in diameter. full circle shape, also on ear design and the opening is 25mmx35mm oval shape

Dec 7, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #25,455 of 27,137
That's the perfect way to do it though. Unless now you're concerned with buying the "Best" amp to plug it Into.

I mean I'm building a susy dynahi...:p

Hmm.

I mean I have no idea what you guys are on about yet but I do have a couple I could throw in there, perhaps. My Aiwa HP-500, NOS boxed HP-1 aniso, etc. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back