Orthodynamic Roundup
Dec 4, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #23,611 of 27,137
Heh you can see my T50s in the background

I went over there again today to take a better look at them, everything is purely mint condition except the pads, which of course break down over time no matter what condition you keep them in,

Not even a speck of dust. I was going to take them home, but completely forgot them......

Apparently he bought them with his brother way back, used, and didn't use them much. They just used their epic stereos which was their big hobby back then.. You'll see that Luxman amp in the background there. That's one of 2 in BTL mode, that his brother had. We just had the one going at the time listening to all the cans I brought over.

Hopefully for a future project Ill take a stab at modding them, Im sure a good start would be covering the vent holes around the sides to tame that bass

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #23,612 of 27,137
need a favour here, do you guys, anyone, have some spare un-used YH100 driver?
i would buy for what's worth plus international shipping..
there's a local ortho user here on indonesia need 1 channel driver, since the stock one had died just all of sudden in mysteriously..Please kindly respond..

sincerely, your friend in ortho world..

I have a spare HP-1 driver but that probably won't help you. 

If anyone needs it, PM me.

~ BMF

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #23,613 of 27,137
thx nick n...:D
and thx BMF..
just curious, how much are the different between YH100 with HP1 aniso driver?
if they both are equally the same maybe i could use that HP1 aniso as a replacement driver..
if it is the anisotropic one, offcourse.. :xf_eek:

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #23,614 of 27,137
thx nick n...
biggrin.gif

and thx BMF..
just curious, how much are the different between YH100 with HP1 aniso driver?
if they both are equally the same maybe i could use that HP1 aniso as a replacement driver..
if it is the anisotropic one, offcourse..
redface.gif

Good question, iQEM. I will need to open HP-1 to take a look. I'll post a photo...that may help. It's yours for no charge if you think it will work. I can also send you the other one that does not work. You may be able to repair it where I failed. It seems to have lost its connection to the diaphragm, inside the capsule.

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #23,618 of 27,137
Good question, iQEM. I will need to open HP-1 to take a look. I'll post a photo...that may help. It's yours for no charge if you think it will work. I can also send you the other one that does not work. You may be able to repair it where I failed. It seems to have lost its connection to the diaphragm, inside the capsule.

gosh, you're very generous BMF..i really appreciate this offer of yours, but maybe it would be more helpful if there an explanation from others that both the YH100 & HP1 aniso are equally the same..and not to forget, i'm very thankfully alot for your good deeds..if you dont mind, i'm the one who would pay the shipping cost from there to my place, using paypal..please shoot a PM me for the detail on the shipping cost..

Dec 5, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #23,620 of 27,137
hmm, so they both have differences on the sensitivity..
are there anyone here that have em' both?
is it possible to measure them both out of the case and put em both on the same cables (HP1 ani on R&YH100 on L) for a simulation to notice any differences on the sensitivity?
well, maybe i ask way too much, sorry..too much effort to do that kind of simulation, offcourse..

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #23,621 of 27,137
The 100 and the 1 : are they also the same ohm rating? ( nevermind : yes 150 )

Really interested in the TDS 7 magnets, thanks for letting us know.

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #23,622 of 27,137
yes nick n, from their specsheet they both have the same impedance as 150ohm..
and from my memory, both driver look exactly the same and having the same size..
if only i'm still having my HP1 aniso (long time ago before i replace it with T10 and then now T30), i could make a simulation to make sure that both are equally the same..if only..*sigh

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #23,623 of 27,137
hmm, so they both have differences on the sensitivity..
are there anyone here that have em' both?
is it possible to measure them both out of the case and put em both on the same cables (HP1 ani on R&YH100 on L) for a simulation to notice any differences on the sensitivity?
well, maybe i ask way too much, sorry..too much effort to do that kind of simulation, offcourse..

I have both. What exactly would you like me to do?

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #23,624 of 27,137
yes nick n, from their specsheet they both have the same impedance as 150ohm..
and from my memory, both driver look exactly the same and having the same size..
if only i'm still having my HP1 aniso (long time ago before i replace it with T10 and then now T30), i could make a simulation to make sure that both are equally the same..if only..*sigh

YH-100 drivers are much bigger than HP/YH-1 drivers and sound different. HP-1 and YH-1 are identical near as anyone can tell. That must be what you are thinking of. 

I regard the T10, once damped, as a near perfect supra-aural headphone, and can't imagine transplanting the drivers. 

How does the T30 driver sound when mounted in something comfortable? I have two of them here, but only painful memories. worst frame ever. 

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #23,625 of 27,137
Both black forked T30's ?

The Shure 550 or 750 pads are quite nice with the same inner opening or close if I recall, pictures are posted in the thread here. Might be worth a shot before transplanting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back