Oriveti OH300 + OH500 (3/5 driver hybrid IEM's) Thread
May 3, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #19 of 262
The 300s is very nice. Fun and clear sounding yet still balance with very easy to like signature. Nothing special with the soundstage but the tuning is definitely one of my favourite in this price range. I prefers it over the 500s and the New Primacy (the latter I like less than the original Primacy).

The 500s is lusher than the 300s and a bit darker sounding in comparison. Bigger sound (as in the sound has more body) and larger soundstage. Bass has more body and rumble but felt a tad bit slower than that of the 300's. Overall a pretty good iem but I alway prefer cleaner and leaner sound so I feel the 300s is more versatile of the two (to my taste).

May 4, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #21 of 262
The 300s is very nice. Fun and clear sounding yet still balance with very easy to like signature. Nothing special with the soundstage but the tuning is definitely one of my favourite in this price range. I prefers it over the 500s and the New Primacy (the latter I like less than the original Primacy).

The 500s is lusher than the 300s and a bit darker sounding in comparison. Bigger sound (as in the sound has more body) and larger soundstage. Bass has more body and rumble but felt a tad bit slower than that of the 300's. Overall a pretty good iem but I alway prefer cleaner and leaner sound so I feel the 300s is more versatile of the two (to my taste).
Which one have the best quality vocals and layering/imaging ,???

May 4, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #23 of 262

Thanks a lot! How would you compare oh300 to new Primacy? (I only have the Fiio FH5, but i think you dont have it and cant compare)

May 4, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #24 of 262
Thanks a lot! How would you compare oh300 to new Primacy? (I only have the Fiio FH5, but i think you dont have it and cant compare)
This will be from pure memory so don't take it too seriously. The 300s is a touch brighter and leaner sounding than the New Primacy which make its sound closer to the original Primacy (which is like the New Primary but with less forward mid range and more treble).
The bass on the 300s is also a touch lighter but also faster while the New Primacy is more organic sounding. The New Primacy has slightly larger soundstage from my memory. Both have similar amount of air but I felt that the 300s has more space between instruments, likely due to the leaner signature. The 300s should also have an edge in detail retrieval. Treble are smooth on both but more energetic on the 300s. Mid on the New Primacy is warmer and more forward. I think the sound signature of the New Primacy fits just right in between the 300s and heavier/darker sounding 500s.

May 4, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #25 of 262
This will be from pure memory so don't take it too seriously. The 300s is a touch brighter and leaner sounding than the New Primacy which make its sound closer to the original Primacy (which is like the New Primary but with less forward mid range and more treble).
The bass on the 300s is also a touch lighter but also faster while the New Primacy is more organic sounding. The New Primacy has slightly larger soundstage from my memory. Both have similar amount of air but I felt that the 300s has more space between instruments, likely due to the leaner signature. The 300s should also have an edge in detail retrieval. Treble are smooth on both but more energetic on the 300s. Mid on the New Primacy is warmer and more forward. I think the sound signature of the New Primacy fits just right in between the 300s and heavier/darker sounding 500s.
Very nice helping impressions now i can guess 300 is more clean and transparent sounding iem than the 500 with a brighter tuning but 500 has better technical capabilities,
Are these 300/500 are comfortable with medium size ears for long time listening ? and the nozzle is long enough to get a good deep insertion or a good/tight seal?

May 4, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #26 of 262
Very nice helping impressions now i can guess 300 is more clean and transparent sounding iem than the 500 with a brighter tuning but 500 has better technical capabilities,
Are these 300/500 are comfortable with medium size ears for long time listening ? and the nozzle is long enough to get a good deep insertion or a good/tight seal?
The fit and comfort is good I guess. They does sit flush in my medium size ear well enough although I have to say that they are noticeably larger than the (new) Primacy unique teardrop shape shell. Their size are nowhere near crazy like the JH Audio Layla II or the Campfire Solaris but I can't say that they are small iems anymore.

May 4, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #27 of 262
The fit and comfort is good I guess. They does sit flush in my medium size ear well enough although I have to say that they are noticeably larger than the (new) Primacy unique teardrop shape shell. Their size are nowhere near crazy like the JH Audio Layla II or the Campfire Solaris but I can't say that they are small iems anymore.
Thanks for help

May 6, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #28 of 262

Working on this now! The future is smaller here at JH :ksc75smile:

May 21, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #29 of 262
Any more impressions on the Oh500 from anyone?

May 22, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #30 of 262
I spent 30 mins or so with the OH500 at Jaben in Melbourne and they did leave me wanting more. To me they are quite recessed in the treble dept and lacked overall dynamics but for the price you could do a lot worse. I did find them comfortable, but just not my cup of tea. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back