Oriveti O400
Jun 1, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #16 of 133
Very nice write up ,
Can you please make a comparison between the O400 and OH500 , which one is more superior , thanks ,
From my experience with the OH500, eventhough I sold them last year, and considering the above comparison between the ER2XR (which I possess) and the O400, the OH500 most likely will sound warmer and punchier in the bass than the O400. The additional single DD in the OH500 did a good job in « oomphing » the signature, but ultimately the OH500 lacked coherency.

Even if it will be from memory, I’ll do my best to compare both once next week.

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #17 of 133
From my experience with the OH500, eventhough I sold them last year, and considering the above comparison between the ER2XR (which I possess) and the O400, the OH500 most likely will sound warmer and punchier in the bass than the O400. The additional single DD in the OH500 did a good job in « oomphing » the signature, but ultimately the OH500 lacked coherency.

Even if it will be from memory, I’ll do my best to compare both once next week.
Thank you very much for your help ,
Can you tell me a little bit more about the vocals quality and soundstage about the OH500 vs O400 , thanks ,

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #18 of 133
I just finished and uploaded my review: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/956208/page-4#post-16387719

ORIVETI O400 Right.png

Jun 2, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #19 of 133
Thank you very much for your help ,
Can you tell me a little bit more about the vocals quality and soundstage about the OH500 vs O400 , thanks ,
My O400 arrive next Monday according to Fedex. I will need some time before coming back to you. I have fond memories of the OH500. Warmish IEM, slight V-U shaped signature, pretty-colored. I enjoy them back in the days. I expect the O400 to sound more coherent than the OH500, but also brighter. Let’s see/hear.

Jun 3, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #20 of 133
Fedex came earlier than expected, but Oriveti send me an OH500 instead of an O400...:pensive:

Jun 3, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #22 of 133
Ohh , it is really disappointing news , have you contact Oriveti about this ???
Yes, they replied already, top service. They apologized and send the O400 right away.

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #23 of 133
Received the O400 today. First impressions are very positive. Best sub-bass I heard out of a BA-only IEM. I second CK Moustache’ statement in that regard. The tuning of the O400 is close to perfection for me. Impactful and controlled bass, neutral mids with a hint of warmth and well-executed treble. Being very sensitive to brightness and sibilance, I am not experiencing any issue in that register so far. On the contrary, I am digging the resolution and airiness quite a bit. More listening time required, though.

@Ahmad313 : vs. the OH500, the O400 is, as expected, much more coherent in its presentation, at least from memory. For USD 399.-, I can already say that Oriveti made an amazing job with this 4BA IEM.

Now, time to get lost into my music.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #24 of 133
Some pics (DAP = Calyx M / Cable = Satin Audio Hyperion 10 braids)

DSC_3235.jpg

DSC_3236.jpg

DSC_3237.jpg

DSC_3240.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_3237.jpg
    DSC_3237.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 0
Jun 8, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #25 of 133
Received the O400 today. First impressions are very positive. Best sub-bass I heard out of a BA-only IEM. I second CK Moustache’ statement in that regard. The tuning of the O400 is close to perfection for me. Impactful and controlled bass, neutral mids with a hint of warmth and well-executed treble. Being very sensitive to brightness and sibilance, I am not experiencing any issue in that register so far. On the contrary, I am digging the resolution and airiness quite a bit. More listening time required, though.

@Ahmad313 : vs. the OH500, the O400 is, as expected, much more coherent in its presentation, at least from memory. For USD 399.-, I can already say that Oriveti made an amazing job with this 4BA IEM.

Now, time to get lost into my music.
What other iems you have? Can you make a comparison?

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #26 of 133
What other iems you have? Can you make a comparison?
I have the following ones:

Single DD: Etymotic ER2XR, Dunu ZEN, Final E5000 and Blon 03
BAs: Gaudio Clariden, P-EAR-S UT-3 (CIEM), P-EAR-S SH-2
Hybrid: Sony N3

I recently bought Mest MKII, but sold it pretty quickly. I also have pretty good memories from my now sold Fibae Black, DM6, Fearless SF8 and Sony Z5. Tested this year: 64Audio Nio, Thieaudio L3, Dunu DK-3001 Pro.

It’s way too early to make comparison, but at this stage (honeymoon phase), I think the O400 could be the all-rounder I was looking for since ages.

For the time being, I need some listening time and to let the O400 growing on me.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #27 of 133
I have the following ones:

Single DD: Etymotic ER2XR, Dunu ZEN, Final E5000 and Blon 03
BAs: Gaudio Clariden, P-EAR-S UT-3 (CIEM), P-EAR-S SH-2
Hybrid: Sony N3

I recently bought Mest MKII, but sold it pretty quickly. I also have pretty good memories from my now sold Fibae Black, DM6, Fearless SF8 and Sony Z5. Tested this year: 64Audio Nio, Thieaudio L3, Dunu DK-3001 Pro.

It’s way too early to make comparison, but at this stage (honeymoon phase), I think the O400 could be the all-rounder I was looking for since ages.

For the time being, I need some listening time and to let the O400 growing on me.
I'd like to know how does the O400 compare with Clariden,SH-2, and S8F from memory.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #28 of 133
Jun 8, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #29 of 133
I'd like to know how does the O400 compare with Clariden,SH-2, and S8F from memory.
As per your request, here are early impressions of the O400 vs. the Gaudio Clariden, P-EAR-S SH-2 and Fearless S8F.

I have listened to the SH-2 and the Clariden this afternoon and took notices while comparing the three IEMs.

FEARLESS S8F (8BA)

The O400 surpass the S8F in every aspect in my opinion and, I insist, from memory. Bass is hitting harder and is cleaner. More midbass presence on the S8F. Mids are thinner on the S8F, slightly warmer on the O400. The S8F upper mids might create discomfort at times, especially if the track has been averagely recorded, by showing sibilance, especially with vocals. The treble is well extended and lots of details in both cases. The O400 has better separation and if the soundstage is narrower than on the Fearless, it is more realistic, with a superior imaging.

The O400 are tuned close to perfection for my taste. The S8F are not bad IEMs, far from it, but lack the refinement of the O400.

P-EAR-S SH-2 (2BA)

These are complementary. The SH-2 are warmer and laid-back compared to the O400. It has a very good bass, but while it pounds as hard as the O400, the SH-2 are a tad more boomy and less precise. The soundstage is narrower on the SH-2 and the resolution two steps behind. The treble is less energetic on the SH-2, but not rolled-off. It’s inoffensive, yet with all details available, but not presented with the same Maestria and natural.

An analogy might help you further: the O400 are like a complex Negroni mixed with the finest Vermouth and Gin, while the SH-2 are like a plain whisky coke. Thing is, someday I rather drink a whisky coke over a Negroni, depending on my mood.

GAUDIO CLARIDEN (3BA)

Aside from my CIEM (P-EAR-S UT-3), the Clariden were my favorites out of my all BAs IEMs...so far. The O400 and the Clariden share a common DNA in their tuning and are very musical to my ears. They seem to be on par in terms of resolution and separation. Imaging also is outstanding in both cases. The Clariden are a little bit colder than the O400. In percentage terms, maybe 10% colder and 15% brighter. Just a hint. No sibilance or harshness to be found in any case. I would give the bass for the O400 and the treble presentation for the Clariden.

At the moment, I cannot pick a winner and it will be difficult in any case, both are an achievement in their respective tuning. Finally, I am much more familiar with the Clariden and I need to spend some weeks with the O400, in order to fine-tune this comparison.

Remark: I listen to music at pretty high volume. I know, it’s not good. What I really like with the O400 is that you don’t need to crank up the volume to get a full and detailed sound coming from the IEMs.

For the time being, I am digging the impactful yet tight bass, the sweet neutral mids and the fantastic resolution and imaging of the O400. They absolutely shine with well-recorded music. Honeymoon phase continues…

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #30 of 133
As per your request, here are early impressions of the O400 vs. the Gaudio Clariden, P-EAR-S SH-2 and Fearless S8F.

I have listened to the SH-2 and the Clariden this afternoon and took notices while comparing the three IEMs.

FEARLESS S8F (8BA)

The O400 surpass the S8F in every aspect in my opinion and, I insist, from memory. Bass is hitting harder and is cleaner. More midbass presence on the S8F. Mids are thinner on the S8F, slightly warmer on the O400. The S8F upper mids might create discomfort at times, especially if the track has been averagely recorded, by showing sibilance, especially with vocals. The treble is well extended and lots of details in both cases. The O400 has better separation and if the soundstage is narrower than on the Fearless, it is more realistic, with a superior imaging.

The O400 are tuned close to perfection for my taste. The S8F are not bad IEMs, far from it, but lack the refinement of the O400.

P-EAR-S SH-2 (2BA)

These are complementary. The SH-2 are warmer and laid-back compared to the O400. It has a very good bass, but while it pounds as hard as the O400, the SH-2 are a tad more boomy and less precise. The soundstage is narrower on the SH-2 and the resolution two steps behind. The treble is less energetic on the SH-2, but not rolled-off. It’s inoffensive, albeit with all the details, but not presented with the same Maestria and natural.

An analogy might help you further: the O400 are like a complex Negroni mixed the finest Vermouth and Gin, while the SH-2 are like a plain whisky coke. Thing is, someday I rather drink a whisky coke over a Negroni, depending on my mood.

GAUDIO CLARIDEN (3BA)

Aside from my CIEM (P-EAR-S UT-3), the Clariden were my favorites out of my all BAs IEMs...so far. The O400 and the Clariden share a common DNA in their tuning and are very musical to my ears. They seem to be on par in terms of resolution and separation. Imaging also is outstanding in both cases. The Clariden are a little bit colder than the O400. In percentage terms, maybe 10% colder and 15% brighter. Just a hint. No sibilance or harshness to be found in any case. I would give the bass for the O400 and the treble presentation for the Clariden.

At the moment, I cannot pick a winner and it will be difficult in any case, both are an achievement in their respective tuning. Finally, I am much more familiar with the Clariden and I need to spend some weeks with the O400, in order to fine-tune this comparison.

Remark: I listen to music at pretty high volume. I know, it’s not good. What I really like with the O400 is that you don’t need to crank up the volume to get a full and detailed sound coming from the IEMs.

For the time being, I am digging the impactful yet tight bass, the sweet neutral mids and the fantastic resolution and imaging of the O400. They absolutely shine with well-recorded music. Honeymoon phase continues…
That was an insanely good and detailed comparison. Thank you, I may consider it for a mid-fi BA set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back