Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Nov 5, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #7,156 of 7,940
Thanks guys.
I’m in the club with both IEMs and EXT since yesterday, when the bird landed here.
Using the N8ii, I still love the Phoenix sound signature.
The bird is much clearer. More realistic.
But the Phoenix sounds smoother.
So. Not sure , whether I’ll keep both.
For my ears, the Phoenix fits better.

That's an absolutely fair decision and I am in full agreement with what you are hearing! I personally am finding it is likely that these two birds have found a permanent place in my limited inventory.

The Traillii impresses when you are not looking to get the big wow factor musically. I smile whenever I listen to Traillii with its little sprinkle of additional details and how effortless music can sound with it. The Phonix, while not as clear or realistic, will grab you with its musicality and impress you if you love the VE house signature. When I listen to the right tracks with the Phonix, it can give me goosebumps.

Nov 7, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #7,158 of 7,940
That's an absolutely fair decision and I am in full agreement with what you are hearing! I personally am finding it is likely that these two birds have found a permanent place in my limited inventory.

The Traillii impresses when you are not looking to get the big wow factor musically. I smile whenever I listen to Traillii with its little sprinkle of additional details and how effortless music can sound with it. The Phonix, while not as clear or realistic, will grab you with its musicality and impress you if you love the VE house signature. When I listen to the right tracks with the Phonix, it can give me goosebumps.
After a long session with Trailllii and Phoenix it’s exactly how you phrased it.
The Trailllii is the most natural IEM I ever heard. Vocals and instruments sound so realistic. It’s phenomenal. But it’s not emotional, it’s crystal clear.
The Phoenix is warmer sounding with a slightly sweeter or smoother vocal presentation.
So, there’s no right or wrong. Just two different styles.
And basically worth to keep both in parallel (but expensive)

Nov 7, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #7,159 of 7,940
The Orpheus + Traillii combo is now coming up to a year and more years old. I find myself at an opportunity to buy these two at secondhand and I am wondering if it is worth going for this combo or is there now better cables that I should consider otherwise...
I have this combo. It ain’t going anywhere 😎

Nov 7, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #7,160 of 7,940
I have this combo. It ain’t going anywhere 😎
Hearing testimonials like this is what makes me itch to jump for the Orpheus 😂

But knowing the difference in performance between Chiron and Orpheus, I know that my Traillii has found its home with it even though I am still curious!

Nov 8, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #7,161 of 7,940
After a long session with Trailllii and Phoenix it’s exactly how you phrased it.
The Trailllii is the most natural IEM I ever heard. Vocals and instruments sound so realistic. It’s phenomenal. But it’s not emotional, it’s crystal clear.
The Phoenix is warmer sounding with a slightly sweeter or smoother vocal presentation.
So, there’s no right or wrong. Just two different styles.
And basically worth to keep both in parallel (but expensive)
You feel the Traillii is the most realistic, yet you call it non emotional? Your are absolutely entitled to your own take on the sound, just not sure the description of non emotional makes sense. Maybe less emotional than Phoenix for you? Sorry to hear you were not wowed by it since we had provided input to you.

Nov 8, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #7,162 of 7,940
You feel the Traillii is the most realistic, yet you call it non emotional? Your are absolutely entitled to your own take on the sound, just not sure the description of non emotional makes sense. Maybe less emotional than Phoenix for you? Sorry to hear you were not wowed by it since we had provided input to you.
Yes sure. Only in direct comparison to the Phoenix. Let’s call it “less” emotional :)

Nov 30, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #7,163 of 7,940
IMG_20221124_230743_662.jpg

Dec 15, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #7,165 of 7,940
Hi guys..... I am interested in getting the Trailllii and have read many many pages of this thread but I would like a bit of advice...

I currently have the Mest OG & Mest MKII. I actually prefer the OG and I am interested if there are any Traillii owners on here that have heard the Mest OG and can give advice to the vocal placement on the Traillii vs the Mest OG, eg. more recessed, similar or more forward?

Sincerely Appreciated

Dec 15, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #7,167 of 7,940
Would any of you be so kind (who had the opportunity ......) to make a comparison between TRAILLI and RAGNAR?
Thank you.
Judging by the craziness going on right now, you could very well consider Traillii a good vintage mid-range IEM.
The people ran forward comparing the XE6, Noble and MM. For some, they will definitely be better, and someone like me will calmly stick with Traillii until the next big bang.

Dec 15, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #7,168 of 7,940
Hi guys..... I am interested in getting the Trailllii and have read many many pages of this thread but I would like a bit of advice...

I currently have the Mest OG & Mest MKII. I actually prefer the OG and I am interested if there are any Traillii owners on here that have heard the Mest OG and can give advice to the vocal placement on the Traillii vs the Mest OG, eg. more recessed, similar or more forward?

Sincerely Appreciated
Traillii will be much closer to the mk2 sound than the subtle and microdetailed OG. If you're looking for something similar, Traillii is definitely not your sound.
It is fuller sound with more mass and has much more bass.
This is if you ignore the obvious gap in quality levels.

Dec 15, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #7,169 of 7,940
Yes, a fuller sound with more bass is exactly what I'm after along with a more realistic timbre and a warmer/thicker vocal. I was just wondering about the vocal placement but if you say more similar to the MKII then I would be a happy man as I love it too.

Many Thanks...

Dec 15, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #7,170 of 7,940

Sincerely Appreciated
I did, but awhile ago. I felt it did not compare to the Traillii overall. I vaguely remember liking the bass of the Traillii better and preferring the Trailli’s midrange as well. I also think I like the Mk2 vs the OG. I was using rock, jazz and vocals to compare them. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back