Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jul 7, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #6,766 of 7,929
Jul 7, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #6,768 of 7,929
Orphy (or anything in life,) is worth it if it’s what you’re after.

I find the impact the orphy has on the bird’s sound to be truly incredible.
The truth is that the stock 1960s, First Times and Orpheus offer three great but different flavors of the Trailli, which is an excellent IEM (arguably the best currently available). I have all three and there are clear, noticeable differences between all of them. For me, the Orpheus is the most satisfying pairing (to the point where, for a moment, after a few hours of listening, I was genuinely questioning whether I needed to keep all my other IEMs - ha, who was I kidding?). Source also has an impact in how one hears the differentiation between these pairings too. All of them are great combos, it’s just a matter of personal preference.

Jul 7, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #6,769 of 7,929
The truth is that the stock 1960s, First Times and Orpheus offer three great but different flavors of the Trailli, which is an excellent IEM (arguably the best currently available). I have all three and there are clear, noticeable differences between all of them. For me, the Orpheus is the most satisfying pairing (to the point where, for a moment, after a few hours of listening, I was genuinely questioning whether I needed to keep all my other IEMs - ha, who was I kidding?). Source also has an impact in how one hears the differentiation between these pairings too. All of them are great combos, it’s just a matter of personal preference.
What is the sound like with Traillii + N8ii. Is this a good pairing?

Jul 7, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #6,770 of 7,929
What is the sound like with Traillii + N8ii. Is this a good pairing?
Trailli + Orpheus + N8ii is perhaps the finest combination I’ve discovered yet. The N8ii is simply the best DAP I’ve ever heard.

Jul 7, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #6,771 of 7,929
Trailli + Orpheus + N8ii is perhaps the finest combination I’ve discovered yet. The N8ii is simply the best DAP I’ve ever heard.
Enjoying it daily
Probably the LP7 can kick some butt next year
But I suppose it will be price x2
And streaming ... hopefully but ... 🤷
IMG20220621211007~2-03.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #6,772 of 7,929
I have the stock 1960s with the Traillii and I’m giving some thought to upgrading from my current R8 to something the next level up. I’ve noticed a few people say that the N8ii is quite bright, but I’m not sure if that was supposedly on certain settings. I was hoping that there was a bit of warmth, perhaps with tubes. I’m not really a fan of bright equipment.

Jul 7, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #6,773 of 7,929
Enjoying it daily
Probably the LP7 can kick some butt next year
But I suppose it will be price x2
And streaming ... hopefully but ... 🤷
.IMG20220621211007~2-03.jpeg
LP7 will not have streaming and I wouldn’t expect any flagship class LP product to have streaming/Android for the foreseeable future.

Jul 7, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #6,775 of 7,929
Seeing your outstanding and venerable collection in your signature ... I just have to ask. If you'd have to give them all up but three ... which one would be the keepers? Thanks

PS: I am hoping for Oriolus Trailli JP, EE Legend EVO, EE Odin.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #6,776 of 7,929
Seeing your outstanding and venerable collection in your signature ... I just have to ask. If you'd have to give them all up but three ... which one would be the keepers? Thanks

I own most of the same IEMs. I would pick my favorite Bass, Mids and Treble. This would cover my entire library.

Empire Ears Legend EVO (best bass)
UM Mason FS Red Halo (best mids)
Elysian Annihilator. (best treble)

But, the smallest collection I would want to keep is 6. This is how I rank my top 6.

UM Red Halo
Aroma Jewel
Elysian Annihilator
Vision Ears EXT
EE Legend EVO
Fir Audio XE6

Jul 8, 2022 at 1:15 AM Post #6,777 of 7,929
I have the stock 1960s with the Traillii and I’m giving some thought to upgrading from my current R8 to something the next level up. I’ve noticed a few people say that the N8ii is quite bright, but I’m not sure if that was supposedly on certain settings. I was hoping that there was a bit of warmth, perhaps with tubes. I’m not really a fan of bright equipment.
Have you considered adding a C9 rather than buying a new DAP? Inherently has some warmth even in SS mode plus you have the tube mode option too.

Jul 8, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #6,778 of 7,929

That’s a tough one but probably…

1. Trailli
2. XE6
3. EXT

Close runner-ups: EE Legend EVO, Softears Cerberus, IMR Dark Matter & U12t

Jul 8, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #6,779 of 7,929
Have you considered adding a C9 rather than buying a new DAP? Inherently has some warmth even in SS mode plus you have the tube mode option too.
I’ve read a lot of peoples views on the C9, but it wasn’t something that I’d ever considered getting myself. I’ve just noticed that you have R8, C9 and Trailli. I’m presuming that it’s a good setup?

Jul 9, 2022 at 2:48 AM Post #6,780 of 7,929
I’ve read a lot of peoples views on the C9, but it wasn’t something that I’d ever considered getting myself. I’ve just noticed that you have R8, C9 and Trailli. I’m presuming that it’s a good setup?
It is indeed. Very versatile and works great with the full sized headphones too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back