Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 20, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #6,616 of 7,856
First Times is a solid cable.

Personally, I've heard the biggest differences with PW cables - the 1950 on the 64a A18t was my first "wow" cable moment. The orpheus is the only other cable I've heard that to my ears substantially improves on the 1950.

First Times doesn't have the scale, holography, and detail prowess of the orphy, but at less than a third of msrp it's an infinitely better value - FT provides a blacker background, better detail, more sub-bass and mid-emphasis over most other stock cables.

The minuscule nature of diminishing returns are on full display with high-end IEM cables, for sure.
Does FT improve on the 1950 or are they similar in quality?

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #6,617 of 7,856
I sold my 1950 before I had a chance to listen much to FT, so it’s quite difficult for me to speak to the specific differences between them.

The orphy on the other hand, sounds like something completely unique and novel in comparison.

Jun 21, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #6,618 of 7,856
Does FT improve on the 1950 or are they similar in quality?
I never did a direct comparison of the FT to the 1950’s. What I can tell you is that I felt there was little difference between the FT and the Trailli cable using the Traillii. On another IEM the difference might be larger. Orpheus on Traillii vs standard cable was a big difference. More and deeper
Bass along with smoother mids and treble, with as much or more detail depending on the track. A more full bodied sound. Still overall close, but easy to hear and immediately noticeable.

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #6,619 of 7,856
Next Tuesday will arrive my Traillii with First Time.
I never listened and after read all 440 pages i am courious to listen now
I read carefully all your comments,
It's nice to know that I'm not alone)
I also reread the whole topic before buying them. I don't even know exactly how much time has passed since I received them.
And it seems like six months for sure.

What can I say about them during this time?
Well, together with LPGT or ALO CDM or just Onkyo X1a they are just great. I haven't listened to as many high-end iems, but so far they're superior to anything I've compared them to.

It is also important that they allow me to forget about audiophilia and just enjoy the music. Without masking its original features, but also without focusing too much attention on them.
So far, I do not blame their prices and do not see the point in replacing them with something else. After all, they cost a lot. But such an expense, say, for a year - is quite worth it. Yes, less than a year has passed, but at one time I used CA Andromeda for 4 years, and CA Solaris for about a year and a half. So I'm sure I've been with the bird for a long time.

In the end, it turned out to be what I was looking for.
A model that will be high enough that I did not think that in a few months it will turn into a pumpkin, and could easily listen to music for a long time and with pleasure. After all, if I replace these headphones with others, I will get a change of taste, but not an upgrade. So now the update does not make sense. So I can not think about it)

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #6,620 of 7,856
I never did a direct comparison of the FT to the 1950’s. What I can tell you is that I felt there was little difference between the FT and the Trailli cable using the Traillii. On another IEM the difference might be larger. Orpheus on Traillii vs standard cable was a big difference. More and deeper
Bass along with smoother mids and treble, with as much or more detail depending on the track. A more full bodied sound. Still overall close, but easy to hear and immediately noticeable.
That’s good to know. I did a comparison between the Traillii 1960 cable and the 1950 and I actually preferred the stock Traillii cable with the Traillii. The 1950 had a bit more bass emphasis, but it felt a little too lean in the mids for my liking.

I’m hoping that I can demo the FT and Orpheus at Canjam London next month.

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #6,621 of 7,856
I think First Times is better than Traillii’s stock cable in many aspects, particularly when paired with Traillii.

From build quality standpoint, First Times is more solid. The braid on stock is too loose and more prone to changes in shape overtime. First Times is less microphonic compared to stock, based on personal experience.

Sound wise, I can feel Traillii is more enjoyable with First Times compared to stock. Trebles seem smoother, bass sounds tighter. No comment on soundstage and other technical aspects, because to be able to observe them I probably need more extended listening sessions and some supporting devices, including better trained set of ears.

I highly recommend Traillii’s owner to demo First Times whenever possible. If, by the end of day, you prefer First Times over the stock cable, you can consider selling the stock to fund your First Times purchase, unless you plan to keep the stock for whatever reason.

Jun 28, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #6,623 of 7,856
Well they arrived
Hopefully this combination keeps me quiet for a while ... 🤔
IMG20220627211550-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #6,624 of 7,856
That is a beautiful picture, man. Lovely lighting.

Oh yeah, enjoy the iems.

Jun 29, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #6,626 of 7,856
I noticed that Traillii's serial cable (PW Audio) slightly dries up the sound across the entire range spectrum. Have you tried a cable that instead gives Traillii a little more body and makes the sound a little more harmonious and warm (a bit like Isabellae, which I find is very very musical ......)?

Jun 29, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #6,627 of 7,856
I noticed that Traillii's serial cable (PW Audio) slightly dries up the sound across the entire range spectrum. Have you tried a cable that instead gives Traillii a little more body and makes the sound a little more harmonious and warm (a bit like Isabellae, which I find is very very musical ......)?
PW Audio First Times and PW Audio Orpheus are the best pairings that I've found with the Trailli. Both of which do what you describe to varying degrees (the Orpheus more so than the First Times).

Jun 29, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #6,629 of 7,856
+1 on either Orpheus or First Times. Orpheus adds more body and control, FT has a bit more sparkle and less forward mids. Orphy and Traillii is heaven :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back